cant get sirius 5 in scotland any suggestions

ginger

Reaction score
Hows it going there looking to watch the boxing tonight morlaes paquio which is on visatsport 3 on sirius 5e but cant get a reception. Have a technomate 5500tmci, 4 lnb's and a 90cm dish. Location is glasgow. i can pick up astra 19.2 no problem and other satellites but cant get aything when i am moving eh dish nearby to sirius 5. Any suggestions, i hsould be able to pick up something with what i have got would oyu not think???
any help before 2 in the morning would be grand.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi ginger,
I can't find the details of that particular channel, but for a lot of channels on 5E, including Viasat sports, you will probably need a 1.5M dish. You should be able to pick up some Ukrainian channels, to allign your dish, 11766 H 27500 3/4.
For more details try:
_http://www.lyngsat.com/
Best wishes
Mickha

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Seeing as VS Sport 3 is transmitted in Videoguard, unless you have a subscription you cant watch it anyway!

I can JUST get Sirius 3 channels if the weather is fine on a 1.2m dish in Galashiels. However, any thick cloud and the signals disappear.

ginger

Reaction score
cheers lads that will save me going up on the roof at 2 in the morning

Analoguesat said:
Seeing as VS Sport 3 is transmitted in Videoguard, unless you have a subscription you cant watch it anyway!

I can JUST get Sirius 3 channels if the weather is fine on a 1.2m dish in Galashiels. However, any thick cloud and the signals disappear.