Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-
My Location
uk
Hi

I have Dreambox 500s with motor etc and Gemini Image

I cannot get 12303 and 12344 frequencies on 19.2 east

12303 the lock sync seems to flash on and off, and 12344 i get nothing.

Its a strange problem as 12303 on 13 and 12304 on 28.2 are fine.

I had similar problem with my Technomate, but that was worse, i could not get frequencies around 12300 on any satellite.

I'm not sure if the problem is to do with the cheap coax cable i'm using?

Also, because i so many cables etc behind my tv, sometimes if i touch a few things together when reaching behind i get an electric shock, is it possible i could be burning my Dreambox out?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have you tried switching off your DECT phone?

theboss4

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-
My Location
uk
ah, tried that but still didn't work. Could it be neighbours phone?

These DECT phones seem a right pain, i have problems with AM radio aswell, bad humming, turned phone off and fine.

J

Jeff_19341

You need to turn the base unit off and take the batteries out of the handsets also. See if that helps with your reception problems.

theboss4

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-
My Location
uk
yes, i did that, base off and batteries out. Still not luck. Its a very strange problem, that i have never been able to sort.

My dish to on the wall of the garage and my cable run is quite long, going through the loft etc. Crossing lots of electric wires etc.

I had same problem, although not as bad, with my technomate.

I'm using cheap coax cable, i guess that could be something to do with it. I read somewhere its better to get cable called CT100? Can someone reccomend somewhere i can buy some on the net? I could give that a try.