Can't get the Vertical Channels

THE1ONE

Reaction score
I've just installed a new dish to get Hotbird channels. It is a 60cm dish. I can get all of the channels except the vertical ones. The signal is 80% strong, but the quality is 0 in Vertical. I live in Newcastle, UK.

What is wrong?

Thanks

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
THE1ONE said:
What is wrong?

Could be a few things...

The LNB on the dish is not working.

The receiver is not sending the correct voltage to switch for Horizontal to Vertical.

Your cable is damaged.

Water has found its way into the LNB.

Check all the connections, check the LNB is fitted to the dish correctly, if possible try your receiver on another dish or a different LNB on your dish.

LNBs are pretty cheap so let's hope that's your problem.

loftyj

Reaction score
A quick check is to turn the LNB through 90deg: in its holder and see if you recive vertical, if yes try new LNB.

THE1ONE

Reaction score
Thank you very very very much... I paid a lot of money two weeks ago to install it. It should be new. Everytime I talk to the installer about the problem, he tells me that I need to get a bigger dish. Now I can tell him exactly what is wrong with the dish he sold me.

Thanks again.