Can't hold position with my Humax setup

floridaideal

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Herts UK
Hello all

Sorry if this is the wrong part of the forum to use but I wasn't sure which forum to post in not sure if this problem is a Humax problem or motor.

Anyway...

I bought from Astatech a Funke 98cm Dish, Jaeger Diseq H-H 120 Mount, MTI Blue Line uni LNB and had my Humax 5400 upgraded firmware (as it was still on the 2000 version, and also upgraded to +Cam.

I had my dish aligned and all tracks the arc perfect now but I seem to have a problem storing positions.

I have stored a number of satellites but when ever I move to a stored position it takes ages until it moves the dish if it moves the dish at all. I can move East and West and it might not move the dish and I have to press West and then back East again for it to move.

I can't work out what to do with this its really a big problem and don't know where to turn next.

Anyone got any ideas or ever had this problem before?

Thank you

Stu

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
It would be woth checking that the connectors have not come loose on the motor first (as a result of the winds last week)

Then check that the dish is still free to move and is not makign odd sounds when moving. If the gears in the motor have been worn or are stiff then this will slow down the movement and the accuracy from the receiver

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
I go along with CH's advice. All the problems I've had with my 5400 and DiSeqC have been in the motor - usually broken or dry solder joints or water penetration.

wolsty

macco

Reaction score
i have a very similar problem as floridaideal,going between astra/hotbird no problem,but if i move to hispasat if it moves,trying to get it back is a nightmare,the only way is to go into the set up menus and use the installer option and its 31 presses to the east,i have checked all the conections,cable,motor,no water has got in,its very strange it must be a softwhere problem with the hummy,what do you think?
regards macco....

phillpayne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax 5400z patched to hot 11.1, v box mrk2, 1.1m triax dish, jeager 12" activator .6 lnb, modified pet123 settings
My Location
kent
hi macca,
you do not say if when you go to hispat you send it there or you have to take it there, it just sounds like you stb is as it came from the shop setup for astra and hot bird, do you have a diqesc 1.2 mount or something else, it could be your other antenna options are not setup for motorised or for the correct sats. i think floridaideals problem did in the end turn out to be the mount, but he could not even get it to move reliably
phil