Can't receive certain channels on Sky Digital

Razor Boy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Box
Technomate T1000D 19.2E FTA
Lenova N1000 running Ubuntu 8.04 (no Microsoft here!)
My Location
Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK
I've had this problem with our 5 year old Panasonic Sky digi-box for quite some time now.

Basically I can't seem to receive half the channels I know I ought to be able to - for example BBC3 & BBC4 and some of the music channels.

Other channels can only be viewed if I scroll through the channels and go past the one I want to watch and then scrioll back down to it I can view it (Extreme Sports channel being one).

ITV2 - sometimes I can view it and other times I can't.

On the channels I can't view I get the message "There is a techincal fault with this channel, please try again later" or "No satellite signal is being received".

I am a fully paid-up Sky digital subscriber, and having spoken to Sky they will only help me if I pay £60 for an engineer to come out.

Any ideas?

If I can't resolve the situation I have a mind to cancel my Sky subscription - why pay £40 a month and not be able to watch half the things I should be able to watch?

:( :( :(

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If all of these channels are in the low band, it is probably the Panasonic 22Khz problem, some of the Panasonic boxes emit a spurious 22Khz tone which prevents the LNb from switching to low band. There is a small easy to fit filter available, also changing the LNb to a non-affected type will do it.

It is also possible that it could be dish alignment, but that is probably less likely when considering your description of the problem.

A good way of checking is when receiving the error message, disconnect the LNB from the rear of the digibox, then reconnect. If this cures the problem, you need to fit the filter. http://www.satcure.co.uk/filter.htm

Razor Boy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Box
Technomate T1000D 19.2E FTA
Lenova N1000 running Ubuntu 8.04 (no Microsoft here!)
My Location
Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK
rolfw said:
If all of these channels are in the low band, it is probably the Panasonic 22Khz problem, some of the Panasonic boxes emit a spurious 22Khz tone which prevents the LNb from switching to low band. There is a small easy to fit filter available, also changing the LNb to a non-affected type will do it.

It is also possible that it could be dish alignment, but that is probably less likely when considering your description of the problem.
Cheers for the quick reply Rolf ;)

The digi-box is a Panasonic TU-DSB30 and just doing a quick search on Google it does appear that it is affected by the 22Khz problem.

I've seen the filter on SatCure's website so it looks liker I'll be purchasing one then! :)