dockerslund26

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
uh::no
Hi!
I've just got an analogue receiver.
It's a Nokia Mac...don't know the rest of the name.
I'm trying to watch programmes from 1 west.
I can watch TV3 Denmark, TV3 Norway, TV2 Norway, Kanal 5, NRK1, NRK2, DR2, TV4 Sweden and TV Norway.
But I can't watch TV2 Zulu and 3+.
It looks like something is there, but no sound and no proper picture.
I've got the receiver connected to a universal LNB 0,6.
Can anyone help?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Could be because they are on the much tighter Thor beam, see http://www.thor-satellites.com/index.php?click0=3&click1=3&click2=3&sel0=3&sel1=3&sel2=3&

Rolf

dockerslund26

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
But I've got a 1,2 meter dish with a 0,6 Manhattan MTI LNB.
That should be enough, if you are in London.
And I'm quite sure that I can watch the digital programmes on Thor 3. Have to doublecheck tonight though.

dockerslund26

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Ok, I've checked, and I can watch everything on Thor 3 in digital.
So I should be able to watch analogue programmes too, right?
1,2 meter should be enough for London, shouldn't it?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 15-May-02 AT 07:07 PM (GMT)]I though that most of the digital output on Thor III was in Conax, which Thor III digital channels are you watching. Also are you sure that you have the right keys.

Rolf

dockerslund26

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
I subscribe to Canal+ Denmark.
So I can watch Canal+, Canal+ Gul, Canal+ Blå, DR1, DR2, TV Danmark1, TV Danmark2, DK4 and BBC World.
I guess the analogue keys should be ok, as I can watch TV3 Denmark, TV3 Norway and DR2.
The problem with 3+ is that it doesn't look like the keys aren't ok. It looks like I can't tune properly in to 3+. I have tried to fine tune, but it doesn't help. There's no sound either (I should be able to listen to the sound, if they keys were wrong, right?)

O

oaker

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 13-Jul-02 AT 03:54 AM (GMT)]i can receive both these channels in good weather in the middlesex area with a 1 metre dish and cambridge .7 lnb if theres rain or cloud the signals wont lock.but there are only three keys to use now on two ids so if other channels unscramble tvzulu and 3+ should be okay .does the picture slide across the screen then the decoder is not locked on to channel and the sound will not be there until it locks.its because the signal is not strong enough

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Very few D2 Mac units will allow you to see the background if its a weak signal . Most of the time if the signal is not strong enough you will get a blank screen ( similar to the Sony TVs when not in tune mode)

Not sure about the Nokia receivers, but when I was borrowing a Philips D2 MAC decoder, entering the installer set up menu would allow me to view the background 'raster' to see if there was a signal at all and then play around with the dish parameters to bring the strength of the programme in)

As its analogue, having a final frequency of 2MHz below the actual frequency advertised does a lot to bring in encrypted channels. You should however have no filtering or bandwidth reduction set up in the receiver when trying to get any MAC channel