Card only please.

Robbiewright

Member of the Big Dish Club
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky plus V3 and a 50 inch plasma screen.
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
A friend of mine has just moved to Egypt and would like to set up with Sky, I have a box I can give him and help sort out the dish, his Dad in the U.K is happy enough to pay the bill and have it registered to his address, all he need is the card. Is it just a case of his Dad calling sky and getting a card sent out or is Sky going to be wanting to come out and supply and install everything?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
All he has to do is tell them that he has bought a digibox and they will send him a card, you ideally need to activate it over here though, not sure whether you can recieve the appropriate transponders.

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0m Motorised Channel Master + 4 fixed dish Amstrad_DRX890C
DM7020s,DM800se
UNOHM EP314 PROMAX TV Explorer
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
rolfw said:
All he has to do is tell them that he has bought a digibox and they will send him a card, you ideally need to activate it over here though, not sure whether you can recieve the appropriate transponders.

Any transponder that carries EPG will do for activation...
Trouble is you have to be carefull not to be caught by SKY when you call them for activation signal...If they suspect you are calling from abroad they will not do it..

Robbiewright

Member of the Big Dish Club
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky plus V3 and a 50 inch plasma screen.
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
Should be O.K if his Dad dose it for him or he uses a mobile phone. I am quite sure he will be able to get it activated from here because I swapped my box over with no problems.