Card programming

G

Gazzah

When my Vegas programmer does eventually arrive (hmmm next day delivery my as.)I just hope all this programming lark wont be half as complicated as it seems now.

I have just been on the seca sat site and on there they have hex files and keys. Does this mean that you need both to program a card?

I have downloaded a seca file from Phills site to my desktop in readiness for when my programmer arrives but on this zip file there isnt a key file, just the eeprom, pic hex files and a BIN file. Does this mean i have got to go out and find the keys seperatly?

Hope this doesnt seem like a silly question but i am steadily learning the art of programming.

Thanks alot

Gary

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
On Phill's site it will normally say what keys the file contains, there are certainly some on there now which contain December keys so you should be OK. I don't know the particular programmer you mention, but the pic.hex and Eeprom.hex will probably be all you need providing the programmer software has a built in loader.

Rolf

G

Gazzah

thanks for your reply rolfw but can you explain to me what the keys are?

So if i just download a file from Phills site then i dont need any other file to program my card?

I notice on Phills site he has now got a file to download for my Aston V1.03 cam which says it includes the December keys. Does this mean that if i download this file and attempt to program my card with it then my card will work for next months (Decembers) programs?

Sorry if i sound thick but i am just a beginner and we all have to start somewhere :)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, that's about the size of it. Providing the card is programmed correctly the file should work.

Rolf

PS. the keys are codes that the provider changes periodically, they would normally be updated automatically with an official card.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Gazzah - read the "how to/FAQ" on card programming, in this forum.
It's got a few cobwebs by now but the basics are still very valid.
2old

Booster

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
So I dont ask all the basic's, Im tryiny to find FAQ/card programming, can someone direct me. Thanks

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
If you search for the string exactly as I typed it - how to/FAQ - then you'll locate the thread (it has that in its title).

2old

Booster

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Hi 2 old, Im about to invest in a Mastera II, does the informaion on the how to/FAQ apply to this programmer,

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
the process described in the FAQ is generic, not specific to a particular programming utility or device.

But note that some utilities (eg chipcat v2.3, VX-tools) incorprate an internal loader. That means that you do not need to start off with an explicit step to place a loader on the PIC which then allows you to get at the eeprom - the placing of the loader on the PIC is an automatic feature, built-into the program.

2old

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dynamite programmer,ntl
My Location
england
what is addresss for phills site
i am a begginer and to download flash key for ntl any one know where to download it
i have dynamite plsu programmer and software

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Check the date of the posts - it's ancient history now.

Besides, we don't answer questions on cable matters.

Llew