Card Sharing setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

alien_leo

Reaction score
Hi guys.... teacher, expert and master...
Can you post the easiest way to setup Card Sharing with details here...
I have red the posts about card sharing in this forum but still can't get much detail about it...
O.K this what I want here.... (all DM7000S)
================================================== ========
One dreambox as SERVER Directly connect to DSL router/modem with RJ45 port. That mean this server NOT connect to PC. So, I don't want to use any software. Before we connect to DSL router/modem, What setting or configuration that we can setup here as Server? For example, the ip, gateway, DHCP on/off, Emu setup, Conf file edit and so on....

Next, What setting or configuration on Client? This Client want to connect to above server through internet, with 56Kbps modem connection.

If this can't discuss in public, please PM me
Hope someone expert can help.... Thanks in advance....

racingclubuk

Reaction score
Website
www.racingclubfc.com
My Satellite Setup
IBM Supercomputer
My Location
Ogmore by Sea - South Wales
alien_leo said:
Hi guys.... teacher, expert and master...
Can you post the easiest way to setup Card Sharing with details here...
I have red the posts about card sharing in this forum but still can't get much detail about it...
O.K this what I want here.... (all DM7000S)
One dreambox as SERVER Directly connect to DSL router/modem with RJ45 port. That mean this server NOT connect to PC. So, I don't want to use any software. Before we connect to DSL router/modem, What setting or configuration that we can setup here as Server? For example, the ip, gateway, DHCP on/off, Emu setup, Conf file edit and so on....

Next, What setting or configuration on Client? This Client want to connect to above server through internet, with 56Kbps modem connection.
If this can't discuss in public, please PM me
Hope someone expert can help.... Thanks in advance....
what Cards you got?

alien_leo

Reaction score
racingclubuk said:
what Cards you got?
Seca2 and via2
No need to know what provider...
Just PM or tell me how to setup which above condition...
I'm interested with this NOT interested with other ip server.
Just want to learn to setup and test it... NOT and NEVER share my card after know how it work... It could be illegal...

Please PM me about the setting... Don't ask me for sharing the card O.K!

regards

Dr.Roamtic

Reaction score
Alien Cool said:
Hi leo,

I'm sure u have received my PM... and it's working right?
For newbie want to know....
Easy Way to Setup Card Sharing...
http://ipb.free.idleserv.net/AsiaSat/index.php?showtopic=352
With Hydra and radegast emu...

HAve fun....
Thanks Alien_cool
I've checked your link. it answerd some of my questions but still some are not clear for me. I've posted a thread about two weeks ago but did'nt get a reply till now.
http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=31627

Reaction score
Website
www.gemeosat.com
My Satellite Setup
< Check My Profile >
My Location
Earth
Dr.Roamtic said:
Thanks Alien_cool
I've checked your link. it answerd some of my questions but still some are not clear for me. I've posted a thread about two weeks ago but did'nt get a reply till now.
http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=31627
Hi mate...
I'm not sure if CS can be discuss here... Some not allowed.
Anyway, you can post ur question at there....
I can't answer your question because I still not test it with that method. I know the theory but cannot 100% confirm.
I only setup the easiest way to allow CS with ADSL and dial-up connection. Server running with ADSL modem/router that have PORT forwading/Virtual server setting to allow port forwarding. This allow port open to client.

And client just need keyin the ipserver and internet connection. Even 56kbps modem enough to do connection... very stable.

As I said, It's An Easiest Way To Setup CS for newbies. So almost users have that equipment. No need sat internet.

regards;
Alien Cool

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Quite happy to discuss it here Alien Cool, like your howto by the way, you can put it up here if you like. :)

Reaction score
Website
www.gemeosat.com
My Satellite Setup
< Check My Profile >
My Location
Earth
rolfw said:
Quite happy to discuss it here Alien Cool, like your howto by the way, you can put it up here if you like. :)
Thanks a lot... for the permission...
For me, Better ask permission because some forum not allowed...

I will try my best to help... but only with easy way...
Hope everyone enjoy....
(See the manual and try it first b4 asking, thanks)
Have fun...

Regards;
Alien Cool

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Yes, makes interesting reading. Well done. :)

Be good to see how you get on with some other methods (NewcamD/cardspider etc.)

STICK

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
alien_leo said:
S*ca2 and via2
No need to know what provider...
Just PM or tell me how to setup which above condition...
I'm interested with this NOT interested with other ip server.
Just want to learn to setup and test it... NOT and NEVER share my card after know how it work... It could be illegal...

Please PM me about the setting... Don't ask me for sharing the card O.K!

regards

Whats the point in wanting to know about card sharing, getting through the ins and outs and then not wanting to go for it. And yes of course its Illegal.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
john_graydon said:
Whats the point in wanting to know about card sharing, getting through the ins and outs and then not wanting to go for it. And yes of course its Illegal.
I will repeat a sentiment I have expressed elsewhere. Now I can stream any visible channel anywhere in my house at top quality over ethernet, it is only a matter of time until I can stream it to m8s anywhere on internet provided the bandwidth is there. Food for thought.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I've spent many many hours reading up on it, but would never spend a fortune on a card, share it over the internet, have the card ID'd, lose my card, and get knicked.

Why would you do it? It's not secure.

This is just the first step into a new world of opportunity, but until the data between client/server is tunnelled, encrypted and authorised, you'd be leaving yourself wide open.

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria
i shared your opinion until recently stick ... but in the end decided to go for it anyway.... ive also done quiet a bit of research on the topic and have never heard of anyone getting busted.... from what i can work out the worst thing which will happen is that the card will be cancelled ... and if so, then i guess its better to have loved and lost than .... :)

... though i wouldnt be too quick to go out and share a 1000 Euro card either! ... the real snag is that most groups will already have the cheap cards....

*haggard ... im with you completely for the streaming ... wonder how long till we get the Bandwidth though ... currently have 1Mbps here in austria, but the killer is the 128 Kbps upload ...

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
wallycharlo said:
i shared your opinion until recently stick ... but in the end decided to go for it anyway....
Yes, I admit it's tempting

wallycharlo said:
ive also done quiet a bit of research on the topic and have never heard of anyone getting busted.....
True, but that's what Tony said :(

wallycharlo said:
from what i can work out the worst thing which will happen is that the card will be cancelled ... the real snag is that most groups will already have the cheap cards...
Exactly, so it's also a big financial risk. I moan when I lose £10, let alone £500 - £800! :D

wallycharlo said:
im with you completely for the streaming ... wonder how long till we get the Bandwidth though ... currently have 1Mbps here in austria, but the killer is the 128 Kbps upload ...
The imbalance is very frustrating, but it's clearly there to stop folks running webservers and FTP servers, let alone the kind we're talking about!

Just my opinion, but you need to use the right tool for the job, so video streaming inside your house is cool, ECM streaming is far more suitable for remote comms. It's just that the technology available to you and I is immature ATM. I don't think that will be the case in 12 or 18 months time. :) . Apparently Tiger is about to release something new in this area in the next few weeks.

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria
my provider could offer me 260 kbps upload , at a much elevated monthly rate. wanted to setup ftp with my mates here for trasferring movies between us. my latest idea involves getting into the sewers here with a 5 km length of fibreoptic cable and linking up all of us on a private link ;)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
LOL, you could jack up the price when you sell your home, as it's located on a 'premium sewer'!

I posted something a while back involving highly directional digital data transmissions via modified Sly dishes. That would be even better. If you had two or more mates with line of sight, you could reinvent the token ring!

Blimey, if I had to have one modified Sly dish for every freind I had, I would have to have... err... one.

Oooh, I can feel another of my infamous green sketches coming on...

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Oooh, I can feel another of my infamous green sketches coming on...

I think the dish is aligned incorrectly on the middle shack. lol

Reaction score
Website
www.gemeosat.com
My Satellite Setup
< Check My Profile >
My Location
Earth
Hi... some question from me...
I try to Setup PC as server and DM as client to connect to PC. This is advanced steps.
So, if someone have experience... plz help... Recommend me the easiest way...
First... help me in setting up the PC server first... Thanks

(I'm not familiar with Linux)

Reaction score
Website
www.gemeosat.com
My Satellite Setup
< Check My Profile >
My Location
Earth
Hi all...

I have put another CS setting there....
this time More images (rudream Based images)... So CS can working with different images (server and Clients) but same based images...
h**p://ipb.free.idleserv.net/AsiaSat/

For newbies... and no multi connection yet

have fun...

Alien Cool

Status
Not open for further replies.