CARDSHARING with Wireless Setup

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
a sky mini dish + a Dreambox 600S with Gemini- 430 and CCcam 2.0.8
My Location
Cornwall UK
Hi i have a dreambox 600 connected to my router via a wireless G gaming adapter. I am using DHCP for my communication page on dreambox and also the Wireless gaming adapter uses DHCP? Can anyone explain how I would setup cardsharing? Does one of them have to be static? I am looking for a detailed explanation of how to do everything in cardsharing as idiot proof as possible? There was a thread about this before but it just went off the topic and discussed whether it was allowed or not!:confused

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Your Dreambox needs a fixed IP address to card share. You need to configure your router for port forwarding; if you don't know the IP address of the Dreambox how can you forward it?

There may be a complicated way of doing it via DHCP but I have no idea how you'd do it (and haven't looked).

You also need an account like dyndns and a dyndns piece of software running on your PC that updates it every time your external IP address changes. There are alternatives to dyndns but dyndns is easy to set up.

The easiest emu to setup for CS is CCcam- you only need to edit cccam.cfg with a few details. There are a few guides out there but they're detailed and very confusing. One step at a time and you'll get there quicker :)

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cornwall UK
Ok so is my first step to give the dreambox a fixed ip do i do this by disabling DHCP i.e. untick the box and either use that address that DHCP has given me or change the dreambox ip. WHen i did this earlier i put the new address in the bar and it worked then ten minutes later it was refreshing and unable to recieve data from that address

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cornwall UK
Also yes I have CCcam but does that DNS thing mean that my laptop will have to have consant access to internet in order to cardshare to allow that dns thing to work

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Are you intending to share a card between two Dreamboxes that you own? If not, you need a permanent connection.

Go into the Communication setup page, enter an IP address and untick DHCP. This has been covered in your previous posts. Restart your Dreambox. If it doesn't work then it's something in your router.

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cornwall UK
Yes i want to set it up between two dreamboxes one of which i dont own I have set it a fixed ip address my bridge uses dhcp to get its address i have a permant connection for the bridge and hence (dreambox) but I would hope not to have my laptop connected all the time

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
If the other Dreambox is not on your LAN then if your laptop is off then if your WAN (internet) IP address changes your CS will stop working as your IP address will have changed and won't match your dyndns account IP address.

There two different types of IP addresses: LAN and WAN (or internet). Briefly:

Your LAN IP address can only be seen by computers on your LAN e.g. laptop and Dreambox. These tend to be 192.168.n.n or 10.0.0.n This is a private IP address and is set by you.

Your Internet IP address is a real IP address and is assigned to you by your ISP. These can be anything e.g. 89.12.123.11 This is your public IP address and can be static (fixed) or dynamic (changes regularly and is assigned from a pool of IP addresses that belong to your ISP).

It will make more sense if you setup a dyndns account. Apologies if you already knew this.

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cornwall UK
I am stuck on setting up my inadyn dynamic DNS client plugin can anyone spot anything i have done wrong from the attached screenshot?

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 158

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I'd suggest turning logging on and read the log.

I'd put "test" and "test" in the screenshot for username and pwd rather than anything remotely like the real ones.

I've not used that plugin but it looks OK- assuming the plugin can determine your public IP address.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Given the configuration showing, the dyndns account would be:

account= test.dyndns.org
password = test

Is this correct but with your account name/ pwd?

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cornwall UK
username= created name e.g. sat56
password= password

Alias= im confused about erukus.homeftp.net if i ping this address (btw this is not real address) it gives me info this is what i created with my router external ip. im not sure what is supposed to be in alias

as far as i know system should be ticked dont know which address to choose after its ticked

Log again not sure

really i am out of my depth with this one

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
If you create a dyndns account and your user name is erukus and password is satellite, the config would be:

username: erukus
password: satellite

log: on

this is what i created with my router external ip

How and what did you do?

There's some info here on using dyndns and inadyn:

_http://www.dyndns.com/support/kb/using_inadyn_with_dyndns_services.html

I think the alias shoud be in this format:

alias myhost.dyndns.org

e.g. alias erukus.dyndns.org

And although this is not for Windows, there is some info on configuring a router for dynamic DNS here:

_https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DynamicDNS

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cornwall UK
i think i have come to conclusion that the inadyn is setup correctly the problem may be that my router ip cannot be pinged from externally. i currently can recieve cardsharing but cannot send cardsharing if someone tries to ping my address from another computer they cant i have bt home hub any ideas?

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
erukus said:
i think i have come to conclusion that the inadyn is setup correctly
I dont think it is, you dont need dyndns to receive shares as far as I know, if other people have their dyndns set up correctly then you can see them, ping them, from anywhere on the net.

If you had it set up correctly then you should be able to ping your host name (e.g. 'ping erukus.homeftp.net').

PS: I dont know much about card sharing yet, if you found any good tutorials could you post a link:cool:

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cornwall UK
ok had to add dns to router in setup page I am successfully sharing now dont know of any tutorials just my experience of getting through it step by step would be happy to help

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
My Location
NW, Ireland
Glad to hear you're up and running :)

I've started reading through some of the config files and I think I'm getting a handle on it. Thanks.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I dont think it is, you dont need dyndns to receive shares as far as I know

The important part is updating the external IP address in the dyndns account. You either have to use a program on your computer, a plugin like inadyn on your Dreambox or a router that is dyndns compatible and will update your dyndns account everytime your external IP address changes or at a regular interval to keep your dyndns account open (there are other hosts available).

For CS both the sharer and sharee need to be validated and this tends be IP address (dyndns account) and username/ password combination.

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
My Location
NW, Ireland
mhku said:
For CS both the sharer and sharee need to be validated and this tends be IP address (dyndns account) and username/ password combination.
Hi mhku, I hadn't realised that both parties had to be validated for it to work. The point I was making was only that his dydns was not working at the time.

Regards,
:cool: