Cassini-Huygens and the Titan Probe

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Interesting Sky at Night just now.

Apparently the scientist have retrieved almost all the 'lost'data using other communication channels from the probe, and so theres a good chance of some more pictures and a bit more about the passage down through the atmosphere.

You can see the programme streamed on the BBC website

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Just found this clip of the probe's final descent . The graphics and ambient 'music' come from the onboard tracking instruments.

[TUBE]SedRrGuT8Kg[/TUBE]

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Llew said:
Just found this clip of the probe's final descent . The graphics and ambient 'music' come from the onboard tracking instruments.

[tube]SedRrGuT8Kg[/tube]

That's pretty cool, almost like a display readout from Star Trek!!! But those sounds are pretty intriguing, I wonder if they're used for associating the received date with the visual readout? Like using different audio frequencies for the relavent pieces of data... :)