CCCAM & official Sky UK Card(bug) and Newcamd Settings

sparrow

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm500
My Location
UK
Setup: DM500s - Gemini 3.5 (x2) + official viewing card (x1)

ccCam Issues: Even though I have official $*y UK card - most subs. channels work fine but some are in audio only. One that want in particular is At the Races (325) happens to be one of these problem channels.
This a pity because ccCam looked straight-forward to set-up and use via LAN.
(I tried vers. 1.71, 1.70, 1.62, 1.60, 1.30 and 1.20)

Does anyone else have this problem?

Interestingly - All channels work fine with Newcamd Betad 6.10b

Problem: I want to expand my home set-up using a LAN.

I can get Newcamd-Betad to work fine, but not Newcamd-Cardserver 6.10b.

I noticed there is nowhere to put in the BOX ID and a few other lines of code seem to be missing in the conf files.
Does anyone know what I need to add to newcamd.conf and/or cardserv?

I have read somewhere (I think?) That the server/client function is only available up to Newcamd 5.28, is this true? and these efforts with 6.10b are futile?

From the guides I've read, i'm sure once I have the server settings right, I will be able to sort the rest.

ideas/help very welcome

Cheers

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Is your question that it doesn't work when you try to cardshare it or it doesn't work at all on the Dreambox that the card is in with CCcam?

If you use search you'll find some old posts about which newcamd conf file to edit; I can't remember.

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD+DM7000S with PLi image, CCcam, movable dish 0.85 m, very happy indeed
My Location
Belgium
if you want to use newcamd's cardserver, you'll have to use the 'patched' version, the others won't work with sky cards. And I think you'll have to use the 5.28 version of newcamd.
I used to run this combination, which worked very well, as did newcamd 6 with betad but I've switched tot cccam now.
why would you want to use cardserver ?

billnot

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 3,1, IP9000HD plus other FTA and Linux boxes - Astra 1&2, Hotbird, Hispasat
My Location
Benitachell, Alicante, Spain
There is definitely a problem with CCcam 1.71 and Sky cards, but I'm having no problems using 1.62 or 1.70. The box i.d. is read by CCcam automatically, so you get the full range of channels, including the premium ones.

I couldn't get 1.71 to work at all, but since I've changed to the older versions, everything is fine.

This is with a Dreambox 7025, and no cardsharing is involved.

sparrow

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm500
My Location
UK
Thanks for the replies thus far, I'll break this down and make it more specific.

In relation to CCcam.

1. When using $*y UK - Has anyone else encountered the issue with any version of CCam, where certain channels decode the audio only and leave the picture blank??. (At the races is one example)

mhku: I haven't tried to cardshare with CCcam because it won't decode the pictures for all channels I watch - some are audio only.

2. Is it true that I will have to roll back to Newcamd 5.28 to cardshare on my LAN?

JTA- as you've answered there, you are confriming my suspicions on having to rollback, thanks for the info.

3. Where can I get a patched version of Newcamd 5.28 (?)

I only wanted to use Cardserver beacuse I found a recent, well explained and comprehensive guide on how to set up Newcamd-Cardserver 6.10b. But this will not be any good to me if I can't CS S*y.

billnot- thanks for the info - I have read in many places about the issues with 1.71. What is strange for me is that i've rolled back all the way to 1.30 and it still won't decode pictures on certain channels.

Cheers

sparrow

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm500
My Location
UK
ok, I managed to find a copy of Newcamd 5.28 at one one of the usual places. I'm going to have a go and getting it working now.

I am also looking for a guide for sharing using Newcamd 5.28 ...

sparrow

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm500
My Location
UK
Well ... Tearing my hair out here... I've only ever installed CAM's via the blue panel.

I've been looking throught the idiot's guide, but there I am really struggling.

In the newer versions of Newcamd, the file Newcamd.conf is

var/tuxbux/config/newcamd

in 5.28, it seems to just go in car/tuxbox/config.

It's a pity 6.10b doesn't connect to the CS.. it would have been so much easier to download and edit the betad.cfg, then I could get on with the rest.

Can only find a guid for updating Newcamd and not one for a fresh install
AArgh

Edit:

P.S. JTA - You seem to have some experience with this, any pointers you have would be great pls. I don't have to use newcamd ... I am happy to use any image/cam, so long as I can get all the channels i've subscribed to.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
To install a cam manually download the .tar.bz file from IHAD, FTP it to /tmp on the Dreambox and do a manual install from the blue button

sparrow

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm500
My Location
UK
Ok, the 5.28 version I found earlier was a .gz(?) .. and had some other files in it I didn't like (CTeam folder for example)

Found this on IHAD;
EMUs
Newcamd-Ronald-CS-Script V.5.28
Newcamd mit Betad V5.28
Newcamd-Spider V.5.28

Conf Files
Newcamd-Spiderconf-CD-db5xx 5.28 for Scandinacia

I started with Newcamd-Spider ... because it has a config download.

Am I barking up the wrong tree?

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
What image are you using?

Put the un-rar'd .tar file into /tmp

Some config files live here: /var/tuxbox/config/newcamd/

There was also another file whose name I forget, something like 0609?

sparrow

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm500
My Location
UK
image is Gemini 3.5 ... I never thought I'd have so much trouble with this, problem is, I have no experience what-so-ever with the sharing.

The other problem is the difference between the earlier/later versions of Newcamd. (i.e. no Newcamd foler in var/tuxbox/config/newcamd

All of those listed earlier IHAD say are compatible with gemini

sparrow

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm500
My Location
UK
Thanks for those threads mhku.
but i'm still stuck - most of them refer to later versions of newcamd - and are simply for viewing sky using the betad.cfg file
For LAN sharing (Bearing in mind no version of CCcam is decoding all subscribed channels pictures) thus;

assuming Newcamd CS is my only other option.

1) Which Newcamd should I download from IHAD (?) (list in above post
2) do I need to add a newcamd folder in /var/tuxbox/config and add the other .cfg files there?

Once I have this working, I can then edit the cardserv file and set up the other box?

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
That's as much as I can help- I don't use newcamd and I don't CS.

Hopefully someone else who has/ does may help.

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belgium
sparrow said:
JTA - You seem to have some experience with this, any pointers you have would be great pls. I don't have to use newcamd ... I am happy to use any image/cam, so long as I can get all the channels i've subscribed to.
first of all, I've had a look into my archives, and I found the patched cardserver you'll need with newcamd 5.28
can't really help with teh config files, but I remember they are different from the newcamd 6 version, their location is also different, so best use an automatic installation procedure.cardsharing - have never used it, but I remember that you need to use 'radegast' for file sharing with newcamd.
another thing, the newcamd cardserver does not read out the boxkey, you'll have to enter it manually in the cardserver configuration file, or you won't get the premium channels.all in all it's not an easy combination to set up !the reason the newcamd team 'invented' betad was to stop anyone from using cardsharing on Sky channels. There was a big flame about Sky suing anybody that made card sharing possible, so many teams took their precautions just to be on the safe side. That's why cardsharing with newcamd 6 & cardserver won't work. Cardserver 6 won't even read your Sky cards, you'll have to use betad (which is actually a stripped-down cardserver) with newcamd 6.
I can confirm that there are some problems with CCcam 1.7.1 with Sky cards, but 1.7.0 (the version which I'm using) is working fine. CCcam makes cardsharing (indoors) quite easy, if not almost automatic, and I see no reason why this wouldn't work with Sky.
have fun - hope you can sort things out.

now - for some reason it seams I cannot upload a file. Most of the buttons above this text won't work either, nor the emoticons on my right ? I'll try something else ....

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belgium
okay, it's working now, inclosed is the patched cardserver for newcamd 5.28 - just remove the .txt extension (needed for uploading).

Attachments

• cardserver.txt
    100.9 KB · Views: 371