CD Re-writers

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
dragonfly_69uk i have never heard of Realorche but when i bought my cd+g disc just bought another one actually, i realised it would not play in my dvd player standalone or my dvd writer :(
then ofcourse i realised that my plextor could do it when all else failed, only problem was i did not have the software. i came across a lot of stuff that would play all the various files but not cd+g which has the lyrics imbedded into the audio file. i eventually came across "microstudio" from http://www.mtu.com
which plays and copys cd+g discs. So i decided to pay the £25 and just buy it online. Im quite happy with it as i made a good working copy of the original and gave it to the karaoke compere last week and it played perfectly in the pub to everyones enjoyment :D Only problem is it seems to crash if i make a further copy but its ok if i just reset the pc first. I will look up realorche. theres a sight that you can subscribe too that lets you sing online at http://www.singtotheworld.com
but i dont really want to do that.

pixey

Reaction score
My Location
South UK
@dragonfly_69: How long have ide cd writers been able to copy on the fly??. Unless this is a new developement thay all cache to the hard disk first.
I agree, the downside to scsi is cost, but its the only downside,you pay your money and make your choice. If money is not a REAL issue, I would choose scsi every time.

@s*t*a*r*m*a*n:
The best software for cd+g disks is CDRwin. Find it at goldenhawk.com.

pixey

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
Thanks pixey but i already have a registered copy of cdrwin.
Microstudio makes good backups of karaoke discs as it has been specially written for this purpose, i only bought the software though mainly as it could read cd+g discs and the copying side was an added bonus.