www.tm9100.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500 CI+
80cm Polycarbnate Dish
0.3db Universal LNB
Moteck Digipower Motor
My Location
Totnes, Devon 50.4320N, 3.6690W
Is anyone else having a problem with Sky whereby channel 4 seems to be breaking up and green blocks are overlayed over the footage of the big brother house until it freezes or breaks up completely.

No other Sky channel seems affected by this.

This has only been happening to me in the last few weeks around the time e4 went to freeview.

I haven't touched my dish or played with any settings on my Sky receiver so I know that the problem is not down to me.

Am I alone with this problem?

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
This symptom means signal reception is "marginal". Your dish might need realiginment.

There are other reports of this, so it seems ch4 may now be transmitting on a slightly lower power, causing problems where reception is not "spot on". How that's connected with E4 going on Freeview, I've no idea!

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Longstockings, does this only happen on Big Borother, or at other times on channel 4 also?

longstockings

Satellite Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.tm9100.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500 CI+
80cm Polycarbnate Dish
0.3db Universal LNB
Moteck Digipower Motor
My Location
Totnes, Devon 50.4320N, 3.6690W
Not just BB I've also noticed it during Gordon Ramseys Kitchen Nightmares.
If it was the dish out of alignment I would expect similar problems on other channels but have experienced none.

I have a Dreambox 7000s and would love to watch Sky using that on my 80cm dish to see if the problem still occurs.

Is there a tutorial on how to set this up and could someone pm me a link to where I could get the files from in order to achieve this.

Do I need additional hardware to be able to set this up or is it all done through software ?

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
All regions of channel 4 are on a 2A North transponder, which is an odd one to loose in the UK, normally the south beam ones would be affected first by a poorly aligned dish. Unless it is interference from something nearby causing it.

Sci-Fi UK, Sky Sports News, Sky Sports 1 Ireland, British Eurosport 2, Hallmark Channel UK, Sky Sports Xtra, Discovery Real Time +1 are on a nearby transponder, are they affected?

As for the dreambox, if you search/post in the drambox section here I'm sure people will be able to help.

makum101

Reaction score
My Location
Tenerife South, Torviscas Alto
Out here in tenerife we need a 2.4 to 3M dish to receive Astra north and D. Even with this C4 freezes during the evening (During BB mainly). No other North or D channel does this.

One theory is (I'm no expert but a local one told me this) that C4's transponder is on the edge of the footprint and during the hours of 6pm to 11pm it slips over the edge momentarily causing it to freeze. it happens more during the summer apparently.

Could this be true?

Baxter Boy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Canary Islands
The problem with Channel 4 has been reported on other forums recently. Channel 4 is also broadcast on channel 964 which does not suffer from this problem.