challenging problem

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
i use i program called Xbox connect, on my pc that connects an xbox online.... or 4 in my case :)

the home network i have is wireless (Router and bridge) and 1 PC, 2 laptops and 3 of the xboxes work fine.

but the Xbox in the living room, no matter what i do will not join the other xboxes in a game link???

to simplify this ill pretend these are 2 PCs in the same house, playing online gaming sharing an internet connection... but they both cant join the same game ie when 1 PC is in the game, the other cant join?

maybe this is because Hosting servers wont let 2 connections with the same IP join??

so what the best way round this? is there a way to get one PC to somehow change its online IP somehow?

i dont know if all that makes sense.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Surely if your router has its DHCP server ticked then the IP's will be issued by the router sequentially and therefore there will be no conflict

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
correct... Locally, but the IP seen online is the one issued by my internet service provider, and it cant be changed :(

what i was hoping was that it could be masked, by some sort of proxy, so that when the two computers meet online, the Host thinks they are from different sources... not the same address. Therefor granting access and allowing us to play each other

its complicated lol

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
can you not set up a free isp, then in the connection settings (is it interet options) set it to your usual connection as default, ihave arrdvarrk (smartemil) using mozilla and a*l broadband, and i think they would appear diff even from same comp (if that makes sence):)