Change from Analogue to digital for Eurosport

stevew66

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Analogue metronic original box
My Location
UK
Hi

I've been watching Eurosport International on Astra analogue 19.2 e for the past few years. As it's due to shut down at the end of the month I was looking for an alternative to watch Eurosport for free. I understand that there Eurosport is available on digital in German on Astra 1L 12226 H
tp 91 and that it would probably be best to get a universal LNB. I saw that Maplins had some digital dishes and decoders and asked if these are capable of picking up German Eurosport and was told they weren't. Does oneone know what equipment I would need and where I could get it?

Many thanks

Steve

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
As usual, Maplins are talking out of their collective backside.

ANY generic DVB S box can get Eurosport Deutschland.

If you want a cheap, cheerful and effective Digital box plus dish etc, the Ross kit from B&Q should be fine - plus the box is HD capable so you have more flexibility.

Mind you, as you already have 19E, you shouldn't need a new dish - maybe just a replacement LNB.

Our Forum Sponsors all carry extensive ranges of Receivers and accessories to suit any pocket

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The only thing you need to be aware of is that the digital version only transmits the German audio - no English on this service. Its also uncertain how long they will stay clear.

stevew66

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Analogue metronic original box
My Location
UK
Thanks for the info.

I was pretty sure that this was the case I thought that I had better check with an 'expert' at the Maplins online help desk before buying.

I knew the broadcast was in German so I'll either be fluent in German sporting terms in no time or turn down the sound and watch it with some music. I'll have to take a risk regarding how long it stays free to air.

Again, thanks for the advise.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
No problem :)

If the analogue dish has been there a few years the lnb may need changing to a universal

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
stevew66 said:
I knew the broadcast was in German so I'll either be fluent in German sporting terms in no time or turn down the sound and watch it with some music.

Listen to Radio 5 live commentary on the radio, it works well as the radio signal is a couple of seconds in advance so you hear it before you see it