My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
I recently set up my Sister's Sky minidish with for hispasat, it basically looks like this one, http://www.simplydigital.co.uk/acatalog/minidish_sml.jpg only it's 80 cm. Now there are a couple of channels that she cannot get on TV Cabo, when I scan they are on the list but she cannot view them. They are Lusomundo channels and Sport tv, she can get Sport tv 2 and most of the others. Now when the sky is overcast she loses most, if not all of the channels. Her lnb is a grundig lnb inside a case. I was wondering if I changed her lnb to one like this skyware lnb, would it help matters, as it looks as if this one can be skewed. She wants to go motorised, but that will be a few weeks down the line, then I can get her another dish, but for the meantime I was hoping a change of lnb would do the trick. Does this lnb look ok for a minidish? http://i24.ebayimg.com/03/i/04/ea/d9/ae_1_b.JPG Will it make a difference?
Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, that should be OK, the reverse skew is probably why she is having probems. :)

T-E-E-N-A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
rolfw said:
Yes, that should be OK, the reverse skew is probably why she is having probems. :)
Cheers Rolf, I'll get her that one then. She is going mad cos she won't be able to see the Chelsea match on Sunday on Sport TV LOL. I'll record it for her, for a small fee, LOL.

T-E-E-N-A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
rolfw said:
Thanks ever so much Rolfw, I got the lnb for my sister and she can get all the channels now. She is delighted, it was literally fitted in 5 mins and the best part is, instead of £19.99 it only cost £2.99 on ebay, :D. You guys have been a great help to me on this forum. Thanks again.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Always nice to see a positive result. :) Sometimes things go for silly prices on eBay, looks like you got one of them. :)