changing Db password etc

delectable

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +, Technomate 1500ciSuper, Dreambox 7025, 85 cm Transparent dish, titanium 0.2lnb, Tecnomate 2200 motor
My Location
UK
Hi stupid question, but how do you change the password for the DB 7025 from the default facotry one?

Jumile

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7025+ with LT5, Penta 85 dish, Sky+
My Location
Berkshire
There were no answers to this question, so thought I'd post one here...

I enabled "use Authorization" in Menu > Games/Plugins > Webinterface. The web interface immediately presented me with an authentication popup, asking for username and password. The old user/pass combinations that can be found on the Dream Multimedia boards (root/password and root/dreambox) didn't work.

So I telnetted to the box as "root" - no password required.

Then I set the root password using the "passwd" command, as for any *NIX box. Once I did that the web interface, telnet and FTP all correctly required my new password to login.

If you have any Internet connectivity on your Dreambox, ensure you enable authorisation and set a decent password. Otherwise your Dreambox will eventually be shagged one way or another.

Rather disturbingly, I was able to connect to the machine via SMB/CIFS as a guest (no auth) and had full access (write permissions) to the Configuration and Harddisk shares. The Configuration share is the whole /var/log/ directory - one of the few places wide-open guest access is desirable (/etc/ probably being the last). You could edit /etc/samba/smb.conf to fix this, but I don't know what impact that would have.