Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
I wish to change the region for my friend from scotland to East. What is the exact number to call? it it the one on the back of the card? Also what questions would sky ask? And what is the number to hide your location here in spain? I know there are many questions, but i like to ask!:-ohmy

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
If that's for ITV, you can add any/all of the different ITV regions in digibox "add channels", transponder details www.lyngsat.com. Otherwise, you could call number on card, but I think - from memory - there's many phone nos in digibox "services" menu ???? Don't quite see why that might be a problem.

(ok, that way you don't get it on the epg, but prog details aren't usually much diferent from London, mainly just the 6pm regional news).

Otherwise, if you use a British addr Sky card less than 1 year old, requiring phone connection, and take it outside UK, I don't think there's any easy way to "hide" your real location, since the calling number is nowadays usually given by most phone systems, and this may be "required" by Sky.

As far as I know, but could be wrong, others might know better !

PS, I've also got an SL65, great little receiver, but does yours constantly crash?

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
You can't get Sky to change the ITV region unless you are 'moving house' and give a new address in the region you want.
I suppose you want to do this because horizontal ITV frequencies from Astra 2D are harder to get in Spain.
ITV regions are all allocated via postcode and are automatic once you give a new address.
On phoning sky, they now ask how long you have been a subscriber for, your full name and address and title, and your password. They will also sometimes ask for the bank account details, what packages you are on, and how the payments are made.
As for phoning from Spain, there are many anecdotal reports of people using mobiles, diallers and withholding numbers etc.
I suspect that Sky know very well where a call is coming from, despite all people's efforts, as there are a number of identifiable gateways it can enter the UK from. Usually they just ignore it as so many of their subscribers (1 million, it has been estimated) are outside the UK, unless you draw their attention to where you are.
I personally use Sipgate VOIP service (with UK phone number) for calls to Sky and for Box Office Movies.

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
spiney said:
PS, I've also got an SL65, great little receiver, but does yours constantly crash?

Occasionally if you change between a channel with signal on one transponder and one without, it will crash then, but otherwise its a good little box!:) And thanks guys for your help, its not for me really, its for a friend, shes fed up of having to type in 987 or whetever the number is, and would like it on 101. I´ll try using my english mobile. Thanks guys.