changing RF out on sky??????

akambos

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
can someone please help me please ?how do i get to change the RF out on my sky digital receiver,,or has this already been sai on this forum <sorry its first time im in here>//thanks anyway

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'm sure its been said before, but may not be that easy to search for, so here goes:

• Press Services Button on Remote
  • Press 4 System Setup
  • Press 0, 1, Select to go to hidden Installers Menu
  • Option 4 RF Outlets
  • Change the RF Channel and save
  • Do not Switch the Second Outlet power supply on unless using a remote eye or line powered global amp

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Small Warning

If you are doing this whilst watching via you RF outlet, you will loose the picture when you change the channel as it makes the change straight away.

If poss. make the change whilst viewing via the SCART.

Regards

W.Hole

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, yes, very often I'll change the channel whilst watching the linked TV, a good way of seeing quickly whether the frequency is clear. You have to memorise the key strokes to save the setting, so that you can retune to it. :)

akambos

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
thank you very much//i wonder why they dont have it written in their manual book??thanks anyway

bigrandydavid

site tea lady
Reaction score
My Location
elliots butchers
Originally posted by rolfw

[*]Do not Switch the Second Outlet power supply on unless using a remote eye or line powered global amp
[/list]

Rolf,
Why is this??
I use the 2nd output for the kids telly and haven`t noticed any problems??? Is there something I don`t know?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No problem as far as the Digibox is concerned BRD, but there seems little point in supplying a 9v power supply to a coax cable that is not powering anything, ie, going straight into the back of another TV set or self powered amp. The outlet still works without the power supply, which only needs to be toggled to on if you are line powering an amp or TV Eye.