Channel 4+1 launches today

Satdude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
N/A
My Location
Ireland
Channel 4+1 launches today

Channel 4 has become the first terrestrial channel to launch another channel with the same programmes on a one-hour delay.

Called Channel 4+1 the schedule will mirror Channel 4's exactly, with a one-hour time delay in case someone misses a particular show.

The formula is already used for the digital channel E4 and More4, as well as ITV2 and Sky One.

Channel 4 noted: "You'll never miss your favourite programme again."

The new offering is available on Freeview, as well as other digital services and will correlate with a changing of channel numbers for Channel 4's network.

On Sky, +1 will be 135, E4 will be 136, followed by E4+1 on 137 and More4 and More4+1 on 138 and 139 respectively.

The analogue signal will begin to be switched off in October as the nation begins to convert to digital.

All viewers will be watching digital by the end of 2012, when the analogue signal will be stopped completely.

Regards Satdude.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
So for freeview users, does that mean that there needs to be a re-tune? :(

I hate waiting for my boxes to retune, always takes ages... :(

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Wasnt More 4 +1 scrapped on Freeview to get C4 +1 on air on DTT

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Analoguesat said:
Wasnt More 4 +1 scrapped on Freeview to get C4 +1 on air on DTT

I thought it was for FilmFour? :confused

Shame that can't just scrap the shopping and game channels instead... :D

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Almost correct, FilmFour +1 has had to go on Freeview to make the space.

doncoolman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
95dish, satcatcher diseqc motor, Voyager3 rx, cams etc
My Location
lancashire
yes, retunes will be necessary, and some places, like off Winter Hill, will probably get 2 shifts before they're right!. try being a rigger and explaining that to someone who's just lost their channels, or worse, whose STB has not had its latest software download. Now there's REAL trouble.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I had to go to see an old disabled client of mine today, as her ITV 2 and 3 had stopped working due to the changes, had to do a complete retune on her Philips ID TV.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
rolfw said:
I had to go to see an old disabled client of mine today, as her ITV 2 and 3 had stopped working due to the changes, had to do a complete retune on her Philips ID TV.
OT
Yes Rolf for sure it must be a pain but I am sure you enjoyed your cups of tea in the bone china cup and saucer along with the Nice biscuits:D

I did not have to re-scan my DVB-T USB stick as on Winter Hill it was film4 + 1 which is now channel 4+1

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, I wish it was like that Topper, unfortunately I was busy today and could have done without it. :) Plus any time I waste is unfortunately my time. :-lmao

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
The changes were in place yesterday (20/8). Re-scanned in 2 mins and 3 mins for the old guy next door. No time for tea.:p

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Satdude said:
On Sky, +1 will be 135, E4 will be 136, followed by E4+1 on 137 and More4 and More4+1 on 138 and 139 respectively.
Damn, just realised that this affects me.

Before we left the UK for our hols I set the terrestrial PVR to series record "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip", which, of course, is on More $ and affected by the reshuffle. I really have no idea whether the PVR is clever enough to cope with this.