Channel 4 & 5 on FTA card

hamper

Reaction score
I have got a second hand Amstrad Sky box which came with a FTA card but I have tried the card and can not receive Channel 4 or 5 plus some others which are free,is there anyway I can get the card to work or have I got to ring up Sky to get it activated?

I have gone through the setup option and add channels but nothing was added

The FTA card is one of the dark blue ones, dish is 1.2 mrt Channel master... on 28.2 east I have problem with trees with a small dish hence the large dish.

Any help appreciated .

Thanks.:-santa3

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0m Motorised Channel Master + 4 fixed dish Amstrad_DRX890C
DM7020s,DM800se
UNOHM EP314 PROMAX TV Explorer
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
The box must have been unplugged for some time...You need to leave it switched on for a few hours for the card to receive updates...

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
It wil ONLY give you C4 C5 & Sky 3, so dont expect huge numbers of additional channels!

rossy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox f3 spiderbox died hd9000 technomate 1500ci+, skystar2,1.1m dish .3db bluline lnb,Sky,
Span 58W to 42e with trees bare! 42e gone and now 39e
My Location
southern england, Berkshire
iceman said:
The box must have been unplugged for some time...You need to leave it switched on for a few hours for the card to receive updates...

I found that C4 took overnight to come back on last time i left box unplugged for a while. The Beebs came back on within a very short time and 5 likewise . ITV also took a few hours as well. Now that Bbc and Itv fta then not such a hassle now

whatsthis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
There are also different FTV cards. Check its a "house" one. It should have a yellow house on the front.

hamper

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply's...my box has been switched on now for over 36 hrs and I have not got any updates and still no sign of channel 4 or 5 do you think my card is no good now.

Would it pay me to buy a new card from E/bay as they say theres will receive channel 4&5 plus others.???

I look forwrd to any advice being fairly new to all this hi.

Cheers

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Depends if you are desperate for 4,5 & Sky 3 or not. ALL the other non pay channels are completely clear (all BBC, all ITV, almost all the shopping, religious etc) ignore any sales site that says differently

hamper

Reaction score
I just want to do away with my Nokia Mediamaster I use for Channel 4&5 and get everything through the dish that way I get a better digital signal as I am almost surrounded by trees,nice location but not so good for TV signals hi.

Do you know if the cards on E/bay work ok or is there any other place to buy them please.

Thanks

hamper

Reaction score
Thanks Analoguesat for the info on the card,if mine does nothing over the weekend I will ring up and order one from them.

I like your setup looks like you got the best of everything hi..

Cheers. and happy Xmas.

Tiggy

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
hamper said:
Thanks Analoguesat for the info on the card,if mine does nothing over the weekend I will ring up and order one from them.

Before you buy a new card try to download the latest software for the skybox.
If you are not connected to a phoneline just unplug the box from the mains.
Wait a few minutes.
Make sure your card is in the correct card slot.
Whilst holding down/in the "Backup" button on the front of the box reinstate the mains lead and switch on.
Keep holding the Backup button down until you see a message on the tv screen saying something like -
"Downloading new software. Please wait 10 minutes"
Let the box do its download and start up.
Try this and then leave overnight.

Good luck and hope that this helps,
Regards,
Tiggy.
:-thumbup

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
hamper said:

I like your setup looks like you got the best of everything hi..

Cheers. and happy Xmas.

Most of the kit is secondhand with dishes nabbed from friends, family, the side of the road etc. The only receivers bought new has been the Echostar and the sky digibox. I believe in doing things on the cheap wherever possible - one of the dishes came out of the woodland down the road. I got a (bent) dish and cleaned up the environment at the same time.:-sugar

Half an hour wrestling in the garden with this sad dish and it was as good as new.