Channel 4 in Ireland - UPDATE

cerebro

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
Ireland
Hi Guys

In case some of you are still looking to get Channel 4 in Ireland, I am giving an update to how I got on over the past 2 weeks.

Firstly I purchased a card for 20 quid sterling from h**p://www.freesatfromsky.com

Which arrived 3 days later to my girlfriends UK address. I supplied this at time of purchase. I supplied her uk phone number also.

When my GF delivered my card to me in Ireland a few days later, I rang Sky to activate the card. I used the '141" option on my landline phone so my number would not show on the operator's computer screen. She asked for my name, address, postcode, tel number and my box details, ie software, box make and version, even the serial number, and if my box was connected to the phone line. This was a bit nerving as I presumed my serial number was registered at my Irish address, but obviously this is not the case.

I gave all the details and within 24 hours my card was activated.

I am now able to switch between cards when I wish to see anything on Channel 4 or Five without any ill effect, just switch and view!

So all you need is a UK address, and some teeny white lies!

Thanks to all who have offered their help, without which I would not have had the info to succeed in my quest!

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
cerebro said:
Hi Guys

In case some of you are still looking to get Channel 4 in Ireland, I am giving an update to how I got on over the past 2 weeks.

Firstly I purchased a card for 20 quid sterling from h**p://www.freesatfromsky.com

Which arrived 3 days later to my girlfriends UK address. I supplied this at time of purchase. I supplied her uk phone number also.

When my GF delivered my card to me in Ireland a few days later, I rang Sky to activate the card. I used the '141" option on my landline phone so my number would not show on the operator's computer screen. She asked for my name, address, postcode, tel number and my box details, ie software, box make and version, even the serial number, and if my box was connected to the phone line. This was a bit nerving as I presumed my serial number was registered at my Irish address, but obviously this is not the case.

I gave all the details and within 24 hours my card was activated.

I am now able to switch between cards when I wish to see anything on Channel 4 or Five without any ill effect, just switch and view!

So all you need is a UK address, and some teeny white lies!

Thanks to all who have offered their help, without which I would not have had the info to succeed in my quest!

Thats good, now you can watch prison break on Ch 5 tonight, part 2 though.

cerebro

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
Ireland
I have all 13 episodes already on my Mac in HD format.
But thanks for the tip all the same!

john22

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung Motorised COMAG sl55. Panosonic TUDSB 30 Sky box.
My Location
Ireland
Hi cerebro,
Great you got it sorted and very useful info. for those that will follow you. Keep an eye on CH5 rapidly becoming a :must have :CH.
john22.

cerebro

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
Ireland
really?
i havent even browsed through it yet.
i will do though. i did miss it last year when my team (Newcastle) were in the Uefa cup, every second game was on 5 and the others were on ITV2. Ironic that I have both those channels now, yet I still have a SHIT football team!
Oh well...