channel 4HD Lost on Freesat Fortec Star Passion

hedgehog61

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hd satellite
My Location
west midlands
Hi

I have downloaded the new channel list freesat (astra 28 2D) with all the hd channels present and have manually checked and re-scanned the setting for the channel 4HD which are: -

12607v
qpsk
3/4
pilot off

I still have no channel 4hd. I have the Fortec Star Passion HD

Thanks

hedgehog61

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hd satellite
My Location
west midlands
Ok Thanks will try it.

hedgehog61

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hd satellite
My Location
west midlands
Hi tried to find 11126 V its not listed?

It is fortec star passion box and as far as I can see I can't add tp?

[warning]I've moved this Post and others from the Thread linked above - otherwise it gets confusing[/warning]

hedgehog61

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hd satellite
My Location
west midlands
I still have no ch4 hd : - (

[warning]Please be patient: This is a volunteer hobby forum, not a 24hr Helpdesk![/warning]

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
It's fundamentally a generic DVB - S box, so it does have Add TP - it's just a matter of playing around until you find the right menus.

Also, it could be entered as anything plus or minus a few MHz from 11126, so have another look. Mind you, you'll still have to ensure 8PSK and other parameters are corrected.

hedgehog61

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hd satellite
My Location
west midlands
Thanks have sorted it, added new tp got all hd channels now thanks.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Bravo!

Very pleased for you.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
hedgehog61 said:
Thanks have sorted it, added new tp got all hd channels now thanks.

Excellent - you will be able to add 5USA / 5* & their +1's next week as well when they turn the encryption off.

Unhban

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FortecStar Passion
My Location
N.W, UK
I too had problems 'tuning in' Ch4 HD, but found the answer was to have PILOT set to ON or AUTO, whereas I think most posts I've read say it should be OFF, funny that.

However, although it's now working the picture is still freezing every so often. No other channel does this. I'm getting a good signal from 1N. I just wonder if anyone has any thoughts (BTW, have read various threads and followed the details to the letter but still am open to suggestions....).

Unh.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
No problem with mine. That's with using loader v.1.5.0, software v.1.4.5 and the channel list attached.

Attachments

• Freesat061211.zip
    27.7 KB · Views: 168

seoras

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion+
My Location
Inverness
The intermittent freezing on C4 HD on the Passion+ seems to be widespread. An expert on another forum suggested to me that the transmission used a more advanced codec that should work if the receiver is specified correctly - like Freesat boxes. I have raised this with Fortec Star several times to no avail. Initially, they claimed to be working on a fix (in April) but subsequent enquiries did not produce any response whatsosver. The only solution is to buy another receiver if you want to watch C4 HD, I think. Potential buyers of the Passion+ should be aware that this issue seems widespread - there are many complaint/queries on various forums.

Unhban

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FortecStar Passion
My Location
N.W, UK
Thanks Seoras for that information. Mine is just the Passion not the Passion+, and after Llew's reply the other day I found I was using firmware 1.4.4. So I have now changed to 1.4.5. (the latest but still a year old...) and it still freezes but nowhere near as bad. With both firmwares it does take about two or three minutes before the freezing starts, so I just wonder if during that period the machine is slowly running out of memory in the field store. e.g. the field store is dumping or losing a small amount of memory with each field and not recovering it for some odd reason.

Anyway, I've yet to try Llew's channel list, just a matter of time during this busy period! Will report back when I've tried it....

Unh.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortecstar Passion
My Location
chesterfield
Hello

how do i update the channel list? do i download it to a usb stick?

thanks

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Extract the .dnl file from the zip, place on the stick, plug it into your Passion and do a channel list software update. Make sure the channel list .dnl file is visible to the Passion, i.e. not in a folder on your stick.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortecstar Passion
My Location
chesterfield
Llew said:
Extract the .dnl file from the zip, place on the stick, plug it into your Passion and do a channel list software update. Make sure the channel list .dnl file is visible to the Passion, i.e. not in a folder on your stick.

thansk, how do you do that though? do you go in factory setting, channel recovery?

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortecstar Passion
My Location
chesterfield
done it, tried a different usb stick

briangw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1000
Samsung 40" TV
FS Passion+160Gb
Samsung 22" TV
Humax Foxsat
Hannspree 22" HDMI
1.8m Prodelin offset
Triax Cascade System
with 19 Apartments
My Location
Los Lobos, SE Spain (Lat: 37.3087° Long: -1.7647°)
Unhban said:
Thanks Seoras for that information. Mine is just the Passion not the Passion+, and after Llew's reply the other day I found I was using firmware 1.4.4. So I have now changed to 1.4.5. (the latest but still a year old...) and it still freezes but nowhere near as bad. With both firmwares it does take about two or three minutes before the freezing starts, so I just wonder if during that period the machine is slowly running out of memory in the field store. e.g. the field store is dumping or losing a small amount of memory with each field and not recovering it for some odd reason.

Anyway, I've yet to try Llew's channel list, just a matter of time during this busy period! Will report back when I've tried it....

Unh.

The CH4HD stuttering is definitely some kind of buffering/memory problem. Amazingly, it plays recordings perfectly and timeshift by only 15 seconds also cures the problem. Not a great help if you have a Passion and not the P+.
The new Channel List wont help on this matter.

Unhban

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FortecStar Passion
My Location
N.W, UK
briangw said:
The new Channel List wont help on this matter.
I had a feeling it wouldn't, however I was going to give it a try as Llew says he doesn't have any freezing with his Passion, whilst running v.1.4.5 (and loader v.1.5), which I now have too.

Unh.

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
:confused I too am running on latest software and have no problem watching,but am confused as to why viewing older programes ie Kojak 4HD is been shown in 4.2 aspect while changing channels to 4SD it is shown in 16.9 widescreen