Channel MASTER 6346 3m SMC dish

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The Prodelin has eight panels , which makes adjustment to a true parabola much easier. The Channel Master relies - more - on the moulding technique and the stability of the material in the field over a long time.

0.3 f/d is not out of the ordinary for a prime focus design, but it does require a highly efficient feedhorn to capture signals effectively over such a wide aperture..

http://www.gdsatcom.com/vsat/Technical_Docs/geometry_drawings/4000-014.pdf

Last edited:

pitussat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dishes: CM 3m SMC,-Prodelin 3m SMC old version ,CM 1,80m SMC, Fibo 1,2m, Wavefrontier T90
receivers;>30 different types.+ TBS5925/6925 ETC
My Location
belluno, Italy
Hi!what's your opinion using NITEC ROBOT EGIS, for this dish?
I'm afraid not heavy enough, don't you?
And countebalanced it?How much?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Egis has/had a 400kg guarantee, though I am not sure what sort of limitation on warranty you might get based on the turning moment should anything break in the case of high wind/gusting.

Additionally temperature does take its toll with aluminium parts fracturing in extreme weather conditions.

Have you contacted them for their stance on the conditions their equipment is going to undego at your location ?

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
Don't put that dish on a EGIS, it will rip it to bits

pitussat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dishes: CM 3m SMC,-Prodelin 3m SMC old version ,CM 1,80m SMC, Fibo 1,2m, Wavefrontier T90
My Location
belluno, Italy
Have you contacted them for their stance on the conditions their equipment is going to undego at your location ?

No, I haven't; I live at 800 m , in Dolomites mountains region; climate is quite cool, snow is the problem.
I registered max 55km/h gust speed .
My polar arc is limited because the mountains from 55°E to 27,5W, so only 83° escursion needed, maybe in this case is an advantage fon EGIS, or not?!

Last edited by a moderator:

pitussat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
belluno, Italy
Don't expect it to perform very well in KU band, the reception in KU will be similar to a channel master 1.8
i don't think so, i have both antennas and 3m is far more performances, almost 3 dB better