channel master dishes

jpsr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 channel master, cm polar mount, 12 inch actuator, Andrews feedhorn, Inverto lnb, Superjack positioner, Dreambox dm 500s, Protek 9600ip, 1m channel master with black ultra & 1m gibertini with technomate twin output lnb on astra 1/2, TM 5200 & 1000
My Location
Mullingar, Ireland
I am just about to buy a 1.2 channel master. The supplier i was talking to said that he might not be able to get the andrews channel master that it was sold to asc as we know, but then sold to raven. he said the newer models are a bit lighter and can go on a 2 inch pole instead of a 3 inch pole. I was on the asc/raven websites and seen the pics the azel mount seems smaller. but i think it looks good. I just want to know is the asc/raven version of the channel master the same.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
It might be the 1.2m ASC valuestar dish.

timbo86

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020, CM 1.2 with invacom quad c120 & channelmaster feedhorn.
My Location
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Yes, possibly a ASC Valustar, although the 1.2's I have been using recently only fit on a 3inch (76mm) mount.

Adaptor rings may allow then to fit on a 2 inch mast?

Good dish at a fraction of the price of it's Grandparents.

IMO they perform similar, but I have just been using 40 mm LNBs.

I will maybe try one with the CM matched feedhorn to see what the difference would be.

jpsr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 channel master, cm polar mount, 12 inch actuator, Andrews feedhorn, Inverto lnb, Superjack positioner, Dreambox dm 500s, Protek 9600ip, 1m channel master with black ultra & 1m gibertini with technomate twin output lnb on astra 1/2, TM 5200 & 1000
My Location
Mullingar, Ireland
The picture i was looking at was the moulded reflector version on the asc signal website. I dont want the valustar I must tell him. As its made buy asc/raven now and not buy andrews/channel master is it still the same quality dish.

GreenmanBelg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 x CM 1.2m matching C120 feedhorn and Invacom 0.3db twin output LNB.50 degrees East to 42 degrees West.1 x CM 1.2m AZ/EL mount matching C120 feedhorn and twin output Invacom 0.3db
Humax VACI 5300
Old Panasonic Digibox
with IRL $ky sub. Coship FTA
My Location
40kms NE of Antwerp,Belgium.
Is coming from the North?

Look here ____http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/picture-members-setups-general-satellite-installations/155272-1-2-meter-arabsat-install-belfast.html