Channel Master re-installation prob.

chuckles

Reaction score
I'm still having problems with the above. Can anyone who owns one of these dishes advise me? My dish is a 1.2m.

1) The declination is marked on the dish in degrees latitude 35-70. I presume I am correct in merely setting the dish top my own latitude 55)? Only this does not appear to work properly!

2) By trial and error I can get all sats from astra2 round to Sirius 5E with a reasonable signal. However when I come to Hispanasat, I have no probs. with most channels except the dreaded L and R polarised palcos. I can tune these in great by elevating the dish on this sat, but this throws all the other sats out (as well as losing the V and H channels on H'psat).

What am I doing wrong??

Its a bit windy today to mess :confused

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
There are three adjustments which have to be correct

The other two are declination, which is a bolt at the top of the polarmount, this is set alongside the elevation to give the correct tracking arc.

And then the North South adjustment, which is simply twisting the dish on the post until the arc lines up with the one shown by the satellites.

All have an impact on each other, and all three are affected by the pole being either vertical , or not.

chuckles

Reaction score
Er, yes, thanks for the reply, but I do understand the adjustments already, its the implementation with this dish that's giving me the problem.

As I requested, could someone who actually owns a channel master dish answer point (1) above.

Thanks

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Er

On the Channel Master dish the declination is marked in both latitude and in actual declination markings

If you have set it to the correct latitude (and checked that parallax is not to blame for any discrepancy) then your pole must be off vertical AND your North South alignment is out

pixey

Reaction score
My Location
South UK
I have one of these dishes, and from what I remember, the markings on the polar mount may not be very accurate so try settings slightly either side of what you think is correct.
Good luck

pixey

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
Chuckles: I Installed my own C Master dish and was having same probs but managed to remidy by ??????????????????
setting motor at half way, disconecting from DISH, then finding
the top of the arc by spinning dish by hand. Then reconnecting motor. This should Be pointing due south (about serius) mine set as this. Then if all done all needed is to reset declanation if needed for hispasat and turksat but theses maybe ok. Dave