Channel Scanning Samsung 6900

Ernie Bull

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised FlatSat, IceCrypt S3500 and new FreeSat TV
My Location
Bristol, UK
My IceCrypt box has died and I have been trying to set up my Samsung 6900 Smart (?) TV with my motorised FlatSat dish. I have never had so much trouble with tech like this before. Intuitive it ain't, so many menu items are greyed out and the destructions are hopeless. In the end, I actually managed to get it to line up my dish with Astra 1. I was looking to scan in the Austrian ORF and Servus channels, but their transponder frequency, 11303H, was not on the Samsung's list, so were not scanned in. I noted from comments on missing transponder data on the Samsung forum from Jan. 2020 had not been resolved and Samsung's help system is shut down due to Covid.

Any help would be much appreciated.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
Can you manually add transponders? Might be under Manual Tuning.

Ernie Bull

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bristol, UK
Thanks, Ozumo. I revisited the transponder list under manual tuning and sure enough, right at the bottom, was "NEW", I hit Ret, entered the numbers and bingo! I have my channels. (I should be able to watch F1 free until 2024, I think.

Thanks again.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
Thanks, Ozumo. I revisited the transponder list under manual tuning and sure enough, right at the bottom, was "NEW", I hit Ret, entered the numbers and bingo! I have my channels. (I should be able to watch F1 free until 2024, I think.

Thanks again.
Yes if you have an ORF CAM & card :)

Ernie Bull

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bristol, UK
Well, I get 1 FTA so if I'm lucky I can watch half of the GPs. Its such a rigmarole with the Samsung tuner, I'm thinking I'll get another Sat Box that handles my dish better and it may still pay me to get a card. I would never use Sky on principle. Plus, it's too damned dear.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Durham
No F1 on the FTA channel I'm afraid :(

Ernie Bull

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bristol, UK
I went to all that trouble because I Google linked the this website: -

I quote:

:Formula 1 has announced today (7 July 2020) a new three-year TV rights deal with ServusTV that will see Formula 1 air live, on free-to-air Austrian TV from 2021. ServusTV and ORF will offer viewers the best television experience showcasing the pinnacle of motorsport to millions of fans across the country." (They were each to cover alternate GPs and with both airing the Austrian race.)

So what gives, anyone? Is there an alternative channel that I can watch?

Last edited by a moderator:

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Durham
That's probably via cable and terrestrial, unfortunately they are encrypted on satellite. Last time I looked an activated 5yr CAM & card cost around €300 from German eBay.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The F1 is on Servus Austria. Which is encrypted. Servus Germany -the fta one - isnt carrying it. There is currently no regular fta channel showiing the F1 live. Turkmen Sport on 52.5E may show some races , but they were showing college basketball this last weekend....