channels available on DTT!!!

digital baby

Reaction score
Hey peeps! Right b4 i start here is a little bit of BAD NEWS :( NOT ALL OF THE iTV DIGITAL BOXES WILL WORK WITH THE NEW SERVICE now the good news :) channel listings are:
BBC1
BBC2
ITV
CH4
CH5
ITV2
BBC CHOICE
BBC4
BBC NEWS24
S4C (WELSH WILL TRANSMIT TO WHOLE OF UK)
S4C2
SKY NEWS
ITN (WILL TRANSMIT 24 HOURS)
SKY SPORTS NEWS
SKY TRAVEL
CNN
SKY TRAVEL
CBBC
CBEEBIES
TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES
BOOMERANG (KIDS CHANNEL)
BBC PARLAMENT (WILL CARRY PICTURE)
QVC
TV TRAVEL SHOP
BBCi
AN ENTERTAINMENT CHANNEL (UNKNOWN CHANNEL IDENT.)
COMMUNITY CHANNEL (UNKNOWN CHANNEL IDENT.)
A MUSIC CHANNEL (UNKNOWN CHANNEL IDENT.)
BBC DIGITAL RADIO 1 THROUGH TO 6 (6 IS DIGITAL ONLY RADIO)
COMMERCIAL RADIO

******PROPOSED LAUNCH DATE AUTUMN 2002*********

MORE INFO AVAILABLE AT HTTP://DVBCOMMENT.COM

Sorry peeps thats all i can dig up... cya all soon

digital baby

Reaction score
Bugger... i also forgot... UK History.
According to the BBC a pay-tv-platform will not operate on the DTT service. However, we all know, that with Mr Murdoch that seems unlikely with him to forget about a pay-tv-platform that he could never resist at least trying a little.. Mr Murdoch if u read this please let skyone be free on DTT ( well if he can try why cant i?)

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I understand the Beeb will be using a much stronger signal than ITV so you wil actually see moving pictures instead of the nightly freeze frames.

Jimbo

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
@ Digital Baby, I'm not so sure that Sky have very much power in the new arrangement. What is more likely to happen is that the Sky offerings will be even more heavily laced than present with advertising of the pay TV satellite service. this is an ideal promotional medium for Sky, as they can slot in their own adverts almost anywhere they want.

Rolf

TB

Reaction score
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 07-Jul-02 AT 07:26 PM (GMT)]My Nokia box is stuck on channel 7, remote works as I can switch it off and on, cant change channel on box or call up menu on box.

Firstly does any 1 know how to do a factory reset, and secondly in current climes, is it wise to do so?

Also done an ots update on my echostar, ok, but now get no signal on all channels, so I'm down to 3 and a half channels!!

Someone please help!!

bigrandydavid

site tea lady
Reaction score
My Location
elliots butchers
quoting nokia reset but mines not a nokia so can`t vouch for it.

all operations are on front panel of box

turn box on using red power button
turn box off using red power button
just as green channel leds dim to `---` press the left & right navigation buttons together
you should see `RE` on channel leds
press the reset button and thats it!
press the red button to power up and the yellow menu should come up
use `getting started` and `add channels` as normal.

mill9

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate Tm-7755 + 13/19/28° - PC Pentium Windows XP Pro
My Location
UK
On this DVB comment site where is the information to say that not all the boxes will work with the new services, I cannot find it? Which boxes will be effected? On the transmitter page some are asterisks what does this mean? Any clues as my local one is?

TB

Reaction score
Cheers bigrandydavid did reset, got all channels back, found all the sky 1's, now its stuck on the 1st channel, I went to, ****!!

digital baby

Reaction score
With regards, I did say that some ITV Digital boxes will not work with the new service, But i DIDNT say it was on DVB comment. The BBC themselves said that some DTT set top boxes will not work with the new service. Also, if your ITV digital box packs up for some reason the BBC ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE, as they are not a 'company provider' they are a 'service provider' The words they used.. not me.
By the way does anyone know when the actual date of the launch is?
As to the person who's box is going nuts.. my box did same thing. REMOVE the smart card, then reset as BigRandyDavid sez, but dont bother re-using the card.

Have fun :)

O

oaker

they said a possible september start i wonder if all the channels will start together .they should start promoting it soon i wonder if sky will promote it on their digital channels

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Can't see that happening Oaker, if anything Sky will be looking to be doing a little reverse promotion whne it kicks off. I can see there small contribution of channels will be loaded with promos for upcoming series and films on their satellite service.

Very smart move as far as they're concerned.

Rolf

digital baby

Reaction score
Sure Sky will load tons of ads on the DTT service free 2 view channels they are providing, but then again, as the BBC state... all pay to view television u have to get sky or cable, as pay to view will not be launched, unless the BBC start to run into finacial problems with the service, and start to encrypt them, remember when sky started? Everything was free except the movies, then you got to pay for Everything? I mean when the DTT licenses come up for renewal in 12 years time (or sooner) maybe sky might take it over? I used to have the old squarial BSB system and then sky took over and eventually the system was shutdown. Yeah i know that the government is pushing for a total digital terrestrial system, but hey! you never know, lets say some other government (conservative) take power again and decide not to bother switching off the current analogue service?
Oh i dont know, maybe i am reading to much into this, or maybe i am just analysing more than i should???
Oh yeah when does Autumn actually start? I assumed september, but you never know. I have done a complete store channels and the channel numbers ident and everything stays the same, maybe i should try researching a little closer to autumn huh? Till next time, see ya soon :)