Channels misssing

Teccy

Reaction score
Website
www.dvd2dvdr.co.uk
Hi I live on the east coast of Engand nr Skegness my Ski digi system has worked fine for 18 months but now looses channels to weather conditions The channels that go include ch4, e4 all MTV and VH1 channels, Nick Jr, CNX, Travel ch, Sky prem4 to name a few. Sky call it adverse weather conditions but it only takes a drizzle of rain to affect these channels. I've checked the wires ect. Its always rainning here on the coast would I be better of getting a larger dish? If so which one? Just a quick point to mention I am surrounded by open fields so there's nothing getting in the way either.
Any Ideas??

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If it was working fine for the length of time you say, then it probably just needs the dish tweaking, a bigger dish will always improve picture stability, but the signal from 28.2 East is pretty robust to start off with. What size dish do you have at the moment, is it a 43cm minidish or a Zone II 65cm?

Teccy

Reaction score
Website
www.dvd2dvdr.co.uk
Thanks I'm using the minidish that came with the box looking at the signal strenth its only about halfway across and the quality is half of that. Any tips on moving the dish?