• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Chaparral C/Ku-Feedhorn to be used with Universal LNB

al_madhi

My Location
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
Hi , ppl During Early Nineties We used a Chaparral C/Ku-Feedhorn for Analog Transmission , where the Ku-LNB is A Wideband LNB , its Local Osc 10750 for High Freq. and 9750 for Local Osc for Low Freq. While the Universal KU-Band LNB , its Local Osc 10600 for High Freq. and its Local Osc 9750 for Low Freq.
Now Digital Transmission They use Universal LNB which uses 0/22 KHz BAND Switching and 14/18V Polarity Switching . My question to You is there available in the market a C/Ku-Feedhorn attached to it Two LNBs One for Universal LNB for Ku-frequencies and the other LNB is a C-Band LNBF for C-Band Frequencies .

Any thoughts You would have be greatly appreciated .

Best Regards

A.M.AL-MADHI

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
Moved, as this is not a Dish setup Guide.

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
You still need a polarizer for Ku-band if you want to do it the right way, the oly reason they don't use it today is because the Ku-band birds are so strong these days so it doesn't matter if you don't have exact correct skew.

There are KU/C combo LNBs but they perform really bad.

Best thing is for you to get a SMW LNB if you already got a Chaparral KU-band polarizer or get a SMW KU-band LNB and a really good C-band LNB if you have a Chaparral or similar KU/C-band feedhorn.

My Satellite Setup
HP 2.00GHZ,NEXUS S,DB 7000S,TWINHAN 102G,AND WHOL BUSH OF OTHERS
My Location
CANADA
i have a 10-ft dish and i still use it in North America. What you can do is: google chaparel and you will find that they are still selling the corotor II plus , also, what i have besides the PLUS, is a COROTOR II plus international,although i am not sure you can still find that particular GIZMO available, the latter one does C-band, Ku band and circular left and circular right. with a good low DEG. C band LNB(15 to 20 degrees) and a low degree Ku LNB you should be able to cover almost all your needs. i will try to dig more info for you and i will post.
good luck PS let us know if you succeed!!!