Advice Needed Cheap e2 box.

sep990

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600
My Location
UK
Hi

What is the cheapest enigma 2 box (under £100) that works like a dreambox in terms of updating channels?

Thanks

gibertini

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HDSE SIM 2.10 80CM ORBITAL FIXED@28.2E
My Location
53.6N 2.4W
if you dont mind a clone then a VU solo or dm800 can be got for £80ish but images are limited.... there is the octagon sf8 or xp1000 for about £120

sep990

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600
My Location
UK
Thanks. Any ideas where in can get a dm clone from in the UK?

gibertini

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HDSE SIM 2.10 80CM ORBITAL FIXED@28.2E
My Location
53.6N 2.4W
i cant say as the site has a sponsor so wouldnt be fair. a google search will get you what you want and you can get them direct from PRC in 3 days of most suppliers. a 2 min google search got me a dm800hd pro ssl84 alps tuner for £80.34p with free fed-ex delivery 3-7 days

sep990

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600
My Location
UK
i cant say as the site has a sponsor so wouldnt be fair. a google search will get you what you want and you can get them direct from PRC in 3 days of most suppliers. a 2 min google search got me a dm800hd pro ssl84 alps tuner for £80.34p with free fed-ex delivery 3-7 days

Oops sorry about that. I will check Google.

Thank you for your help.

A nonymous

Reaction score
If you want to run CCCam you will need a recever with a Broadcom MIPS cpu. Bare that in mind before you buy anything. What emu do you want to use with it?

If your happy using OSCam or MGCamd then the Amiko will do the job as well as most other boxes but it will not run CCCam as it was never compiled to run on the SH4 archetecture that the Amiko boxes use.

OSCam will do the job but it isn't anywhere near as easy to setup compared to CCCam. There is a UK seller of NewDVB and Sunray boxes based in Jersey who do offer warranties with their products. I have both a Genuine and a clone DM800Se receiver and i haven't had an issue with either of them. The support for these boxes is also second to non. At the end of the day you need to look at what you want from a receiver and buy the one that best suits your needs.

Nano

Last edited:

sep990

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600
My Location
UK
Thank you both, was looking at the amiko but in the end went with the icecrypt 3500 for £80, as don't know how to setup oscam and it is for a friend who would not use a dm to the full potential.

HarlequinMKD

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Not sure
My Location
Skopje, Macedonia
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum.
I want to ask for an advice on good E2 HD receiver that has similar UI as the dream.
I like the sat/folder kind of set up that dreambox has.
I'm looking to order from aliexpress or alibaba from china and I'm looking for a good clone to be honest, so any suggestion would be great.
I currently use an openbox and I previousle used a Dm500. The openbox is crap so I'm planning to replace it.

Thanks in advance

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
If a clone is your preference then a DM800se is probably the one to go for

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Just bear in mind that if you buy a clone you will be severely restricted in what image you can run.

HarlequinMKD

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Not sure
My Location
Skopje, Macedonia
I'm a bit of a noob but I'm looking that people are talking about Vu+ / Amiko Alien / AZ box etc.
Not sure what will be a best clone for the price. I'm not into tweaking and images (not sure what it really means), just fair price and stability.

A nonymous

Reaction score
Just bear in mind that if you buy a clone you will be severely restricted in what image you can run.

Utter Cobblers.

For every image that is available for the genuine DMM item there is a patched version for the SIM 2.10 box. If anything for a beginner the SIM 2.10 images are probably better as they usually have the emus and plugins installed. Genuine images also work fine with the A8P sim boxes.

Theres nothing wrong with cloned DM800Se boxes, the support is OK and to be honest the build quality of them is near enough on a par with the genuine ones.

The cloned Vu+ boxes, now they are crap. Over heating issues, clone bomb firmware, they really aren't worth buying.

Amiko boxes are OK for the money but don't expect blistering performance and be aware that CCCam won't run on them. You will probably be disappointed with the Amiko box.

If you want a cheap E2 box with fairly good support go for the nBox 5800sx, twin tuner and a 250GB HDD for under £100. Technically since it uses a SH4 cpu like the Amiko boxes it isn't a proper E2 receiver but it has the same file structure as any other proper E2 box.

At the end of the day its all down to budget and what you want to do with it.

Nano

HarlequinMKD

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Not sure
My Location
Skopje, Macedonia
Well budget is 100eur i guess.
Cant find this NBox anywhere.

A nonymous

Reaction score
eBay mate. Theres loads of them. Single tuner boxes are about £50 Twin tuner with HDD start at about £90.

They are modified 'NC+' Poland boxes. Make sure its been modifid to run E2 as its not that easy to modify them from Standard form

$_35.JPG Standard nBox 5800s

1.jpgPVR nBox 5800sx

Nano

Last edited:

HarlequinMKD

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Not sure
My Location
Skopje, Macedonia
Thx a lot m8.
I'll take a look at them.

If any one has other ideas, please share.

Much appreciated!

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
They are modified 'NC+' Poland boxes. Make sure its been modifid to run E2 as its not that easy to modify them from Standard form

Blimey, someone must have gone to quite some trouble to do this.

A nonymous

Reaction score
I've had both and they aren't bad boxes for the money. They are relatively straight forward to modify if you have the software and the know how. You also have to be quite good with a soldering iron. There are write ups but they are all in polish.

There have been literally hundreds of them sold. You have to make sure its either a BSKA or a BSLA type box as the are the easiest to modify

Nano

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I am guessing it needs something like a JTAG-type interface soldered on. The closest thing I did was changing Nokia 9600's software to DVB2000, which involved JTAGing IIRC.

HarlequinMKD

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Not sure
My Location
Skopje, Macedonia
What about the Cloud IBox III? Any opinions?

A nonymous

Reaction score
None that i can say without offending anybody. If its any thing like the first one it will suffer from overheating and will be liable to being hit by a timebomb. To be honest they are best avoided.