Cheap PVR?

skidvik

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY
My Location
Devon
Just recently had a new dish fitted to watch Astra 1 and Hotbird.

Basically I want a replacement reciever for my comag.

Want a cheap PVR that can be patched and has at least 1 CI slot for a cam at a future date.

Thanks in advance

Martin Henry

Reaction score
skidvik said:
Just recently had a new dish fitted to watch Astra 1 and Hotbird.

Basically I want a replacement reciever for my comag.

Want a cheap PVR that can be patched and has at least 1 CI slot for a cam at a future date.

Thanks in advance

Just a point, if you intend to record off any sat receiver you will only be able to record what you are watching unless you have a twin LNB ans a PVR that can record two things at once...

In addition to Sky Plus I have a Digifusion recorder that is a FreeView receiver as well, that has two tuners and can record two things at once but not of course when I am watching a third channel...:)...

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
DRS Trading has a very basic PVR model - Hyundai HSS 825HCI, 40 GB drive - upgradeable if you wish , at around £140.

Cheapest I know of

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
The Manhattan ST550 can be patched and has 2 CI slots plus IRDETO built in. PVR ready, just add a hdd to the connections. You can record one channel and watch another on the same bouquet. I expect the 500 is the same but no 36v pos.