Advice Needed Cheap receiver for c band

jase1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu Duo2,1.2 CM,1224 H to H 57E-30W. Sky dish.
My Location
Cheshire
Can anyone suggest a CHEAP receiver to play with while I'm messing about.

Used is ok.

Jase

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Any receiver will work with C band. What you need is a C band LNB and the offset feedhorn. These are relatively cheap - won't cost more than £40 in total.

jase1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cheshire
Any receiver will work with C band. What you need is a C band LNB and the offset feedhorn. These are relatively cheap - won't cost more than £40 in total.

Thanks CJ. Ive got those, its just a box I need. It saves a lot of messing around.

Jase.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Use your existing box - all it requires is a change to the "Antenna Setup" to alter the LNB Local Oscillator frequency to match that specified for your C Band LNB >> Unless that's the "messing around" you want to avoid?

If you really want a separate box (Which would seem to be even more messing around), try something like the latest Openbox (V8S, I think). Around £40 and very capable.

jase1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cheshire
Use your existing box - all it requires is a change to the "Antenna Setup" to alter the LNB Local Oscillator frequency to match that specified for your C Band LNB >> Unless that's the "messing around" you want to avoid?

If you really want a separate box (Which would seem to be even more messing around), try something like the latest Openbox (V8S, I think). Around £40 and very capable.

Yes, thats what I want to avoid.

That looks ok pricewise.

What sat box are you using now?

VU Duo2 Quad tuner. I want to set up a box and tv by the dish so I can mess and not make a hash of the other box/dish. Then once its aligned set it all up on one dish.....or keep both up :eek:

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Quad.. should be easy enough to configure a tuner dedicated to C band LNB/dish.

I only have a single tuner Vu+ Uno and I am switching seamlessly between 2x C band LNBs, 1 Ku LNB on the 1224 dish and 1 Ku on the DiSEqC dish (4 in total).

A

Archive-8

I switch between c-band & Ka-band & ku band on 2 dishes. With diseqc switches. Like @Captain Jack said it should be very easy to setup.

Or perhaps you should get a sat meter of some sort.

jase1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cheshire
Quad.. should be easy enough to configure a tuner dedicated to C band LNB/dish.

I only have a single tuner Vu+ Uno and I am switching seamlessly between 2x C band LNBs, 1 Ku LNB on the 1224 dish and 1 Ku on the DiSEqC dish (4 in total).

I've just gone into the tuner config, it looks easy enough to set up. Do I really need two ku band off that dish, I don't think so.

jase1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cheshire
I switch between c-band & Ka-band & ku band on 2 dishes. With diseqc switches. Like @Captain Jack said it should be very easy to setup.

Or perhaps you should get a sat meter of some sort.

I can get hold of a satlook meter if need be, these things have far too many options tho :-ohcrap