Cheapest Receiver?

damhy

Reaction score
My Location
Kent
I have a friend that I donated an old dish/lnb and cable too, now he is left needing just a receiver.

We tried for this £50 lidl machine sold out in 3 stores, so now I need an alternative. He's only interested in an FTA setup and the cheapest I have seen is about £90 from Turbosat which is conventiently only a few streets away from me and so I can pick stuff up and avoid postage.

Just wondered if anyone has come accross anything cheaper than that online and with the addition of postage could beat £90.

Damien

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If he has a good spec PC the Skystar2 might give him some interesting results, otherwise £90 is probably pretty much as cheap as you will find.

damhy

Reaction score
My Location
Kent
rolfw said:
If he has a good spec PC the Skystar2 might give him some interesting results, otherwise £90 is probably pretty much as cheap as you will find.
Is there software that can be used with the skystar2 to emulate encryptions, or is it solely FTA, just I know that he didnt want a PC card but they seem rather cheap and an added emulated cam, would probably swing it.

D4ftpunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
80cm Dish + 45cm Dish via Disecq A/B.
My Location
England
yea i use progdvb and a plugin called yankse together with softcam.key's you can pickup literally all encrypted channels seemlessly :), alternativly buy an old sky digibox off ebay for £30 and plug it in and goto add channels, you will have to manually add the ones he wants, but its way worth it for the money

damhy

Reaction score
My Location
Kent
You've now tempted me in to getting one for my bedroom, cos I'm getting annoyed keep moving the receiver up and down the stairs.

The sky idea would have been OK but his reasons for wanting it are to watch 30W or 19.2E since he wants some spanish channels. Any rubbish really, just he's learning spanish and needs a constant stream of language.

Damien

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
If he wants a constant stream of rubbish language, he should sign-up here....!