Chelsea v Arsenal

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
The win for Arsenal has put them firmly in the driving seat. Seems the title is theirs to lose now. Good game today and Chelsea's early goal seemed to wake up Arsenal. Chelsea couldn't break them down after that.

PS. Eidur Goodjohnsen......4.9..4.9..4.9 :D

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
jimbo said:
Chelsea's early goal seemed to wake up Arsenal.

Told Claudio they shouldn't have annoyed them. ;)

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Claudio is earmarked for the saltmines...sooner rather than later. This their new manager elect.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Well this season was really Chelsea's teething year....only the press (god bless em!) have blown everything out of proportion as normal, Nope Chelsea wont do it this season but then again anyone who knows football was saying that at the start. My fear is Roman Abramovich getting bored with his new toy, not to mention Ken Bates whom in the past has thrown the odd spanner in the works!. As for C R I hope he stay's as there is some rumour of Zola being employed later this year at the club, for what reason is still not clear. My hunch is that R A wants to mould Chelsea as the next Real Madrid and so far he is doing just that with his money, It will be only a matter of time if things stay on course that fans from other clubs will be cursing the boys in blue.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Well, I'm really into recycling at the moment, so why not re-use this very conveniently named thread to taunt a response from any over-confident Arsenal supporters out there ahead of the thumping we're going to give them tomorow? :rolleyes:

... and the even bigger one in a fortnight? :p

This is where the disasterous and unexpected CL exit starts the Arsenal slide down the Premiership, allowing Chelsea to win the league, and Man Utd to finish second.

O.K. I'm dreaming.

There's NO WAY Man U are going to make second... O-no

Let's hope Claudio can go out with a big bang.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greater London
I feel very sorry for Claudio (seriously). He's been badly treated by the crooked owner of Chelsea. I don't like Abramovich or what he's doing. Although Arsenal is a 'second' team to me (having a gooner wife and son), the club is far better run than Chelsea.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
jimbo said:
I feel very sorry for Claudio (seriously). He's been badly treated by the crooked owner of Chelsea. I don't like Abramovich or what he's doing. Although Arsenal is a 'second' team to me (having a gooner wife and son), the club is far better run than Chelsea.
Agreed, but you can't change your colours!

The last thing I want is for Chelsea to become another Arsenal or Man U.
I'll just have to support Chelsea, and watch Brighton!!

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Claudio looks A gonner, Even Bates would not have been so RUDE to him.

I for one do not like ...this rich guy AbramoftheRmob

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
I agree with you Razor, and I would not mind betting against a certain Italian manager switching to Spurs next season, where I hope they will treat him a lot better than Chelsea have.

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Nice guys get kicked.....and seems to be the way the Prem is these days.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Rob said:
I agree with you Razor, and I would not mind betting against a certain Italian manager switching to Spurs next season, where I hope they will treat him a lot better than Chelsea have.
Sad but true. I've not been so P'd off since Poyet left.

Still, as a Chelsea fan of 35 years, I'll support them 'til I die, unlike some fickle glory chasers!

All the top clubs are run buy obnoxious gangsters. We just swapped an old embarrasing one for a shady underworld one. At least he doesn't wear a tie.

3-1 to the Chelsea!

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Been a Chelsea supporter for 32 years!...it makes me sad as I have Italian blood in me to see a Roman gladiator being treated so bad.....and as for Sven he may be good for England but for the ever excitable and thrilling Chelsea...fraid not! R.A needs to be educated that managers like C.R are few....the last great manager of Chelsea was the great Dave Sexton.......anyway they had Arsenal rattled tonight!....the best is yet to come!.....as for the Spanish pikey super striker how many touches on the ball did he have?.......was it five?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I can't believe how Claudio has managed to stay as focused as he has throughout all this rumor and speculation, it surely proves that he has the perfect mentality to take a club like Chelsea to the very top, and keep them there for ten years....

I really cannot think of another manager I would rather have at the club, and I don't know a single CFC fan who want's to see him go.

Anyway, what a shame Terry got caught out of position just once in 90 minutes and let that bloke with the Poop dribbling down his chin fluke another robbery.

I have to say, I think we had by far the better game, and it should give us the confidence we need to go and score at least one at Highbury...

Can't wait!

Come on the Blues!!! :D

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greater London
I think Chelsea may have missed their chance.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Well Jimbo it's gonna be interesting to see what the return game produces, it would seem that every time Chelsea go a goal up Arsenal have come back at em....the next match they are down on agg.....lets see what the boy's in blue can produce with eleven men to give CR some glory....and hopefully CR can give AR the international sign :D

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
O.K. here we are again.

This is our time. 3-1 to Chelsea. There is no way its going to be goalless, and the Arse just don't have what it takes to beat us any more after their humiliation at the weekend...

I've never before (in recent times at least) felt confident of getting a result against the Gooners, 'specially at Highbury, but this is different.

The world's-a-changin'.

Maybe even the Premiership? Arsenal certainly have a hard few days coming up... all we have to do is beat Man-U at Old Trafford on May 8th. Easy!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Ha Ha Ha Ha HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! The Gunners have just shot em selves in the foot....Go the Blues at long bloody last GREEEEEAT!!! well done Claudio super job and two brits scored :D:D:D:D:D ....was it the treble....nope the double.....oh hang on is it now the single :D:D:D:D:D:D oh well many thanks to Man U for knocking the wind out of Arsenal...looks like CR took notes on that game :D (thanks Alex) :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
It just felt different.... ;)

Watching Claudio shed a few tears at the end was magical....