chipped cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris43

Reaction score
anyone out there know anything about genie cards have been told you can get these chipped to recieve all sky tv channels as long as you subscribe to the lowest package if anyone out there has heard anything like this i would be pleased if anyone could tell me about this or if it is just a myth

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Unless it's the first one available it's a myth.

PaulR

chris43

Reaction score
well this guy is a friend of someone i work with so as soon as i find out if its the real thing ill let you know

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Probably more Chinese whispers than myth, most likely to be a cable hack, as many people who have cable packages talk of it as being Sky and I guess from the available channels it is similar.

chris43

Reaction score
well rolfw you could be right as have had only a little information but wont find out till next week now as i dont work there anymore and he wont be in till next week now and have to contact him through a third party but will let you know what it is either cable or sky

newbie123

Reaction score
if it is a cable hack then beware, i have read on this forum that there are ways for Ntl to track the channels you can receive without you even knowing. Its something to do with signals emitted from the box. anyway just make sure you know all the details before yu dive in. good luck if it works though.

sim

Reaction score
hi newbie123, this is called "talkback" (just reading up on it myself!) and it can be stopped by chopping a connector in the cable box - excellent details in the digital cable hack tutorial at rizzo.modshack.co.uk - wish I could find a tutorial like that for SkyD!!!

funkymothership

Reaction score
sim said:
hi newbie123, this is called "talkback" (just reading up on it myself!) and it can be stopped by chopping a connector in the cable box - excellent details in the digital cable hack tutorial at rizzo.modshack.co.uk - wish I could find a tutorial like that for SkyD!!!
You can purchase a cable attachment on E-bay to eliminate Talkback.
I have not tried this so don't know how good it is. It eliminates low frequency carriers (transfer between cable provider and box) while allowing the high frequency (signal content). They are less than a tenner on E-bay.

rover

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
london
hello, funkymothership, i would be very careful with this device, because when you remove it all the ppv channels you have viewed will be loged

Status
Not open for further replies.