chipping digibox

D

dsdoherty

i heard there is a hack for s*y digital, it is chipping the inside the inside of the digibox.

is this true?

sathelp

Reaction score
Website
www.sathelp.co.uk
No.
There are no hacks or cracks for Sky digital. The old box office blocker (phone line fooler) seams to be going round again but as you all know, once your credit limit has been reached, thats your lot till you pay up!

Sathelp on the Web-
http://www.sathelp.co.uk
Or on Wap-
http://tagtag.com/sathelp

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Dear All,

I hope that my ramblings about MPEG decoder LSI's haven't fuelled this hack rumour - (poster's ref. being chip specific).

I had a personal e-mail asking me whether my anticts were 'that' hack. They certainly are NOT: trying to locate a digital audio signal and making a mod is not hacking (just in case any lawyer's are on the case).

The chip in question was manufactured by Philips, I have a Panasonic box, I still live with a miserable analogue signal :-(

Unfortunately, it is still a pin in a haystack: Bugger !

Have Fun,

Mark.

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello Mark

Just out if interest, do you think that the occasional broadacst by Sky FTA on some of the Box Office Channels are tests for Digital 5.1 broadcasts.

There must be some reason, as I have said elsewhere they don't do anything without a reason, and I wondered if this might be it.

Regards

W Hole

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
sorry to butt in here... what is Digital 5.1?
Do you mean a new version of MPEG?
If so I don't see what Sky would gain by testing that since as far as I know it is not possible simply through an over-the-air firmware upgrade to make the existing Sky boxes compatible with a different version of MPEG. And I can't see them switching to a compression technique which leaves their existing 5.5m customers without a picture...

2old

aseman

Reaction score
My Location
London
Yes, it is true. Sky say that they will broadcast in Dolby digital 5.1 (surround sound). Doesnt affect picture. However, the only way u can get this is through the Sony box or the new boxes that are coming out with hard disks to record one channel wile u watch another (still using one card). 5.1 i achieved using the optical output and plugging it to a Dolby digital amplifier. Those with existing boxes will still get stereo (and pro-logic surround sound)

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello OM

The Aseman got it right, I was referring to Dolby 5.1.

Does anyone know if that it what was being tested in the FTA Broadcasts?

Regards

W Hole

D

dmit

Hi there!
Panasonic's TU-DSB30 main chip is (Panasonic) MN2WS002AD in BGA
with a AM33 risc core @ 121Mips. DACs are 2x AK4317VF (18bit, dac, mixer).
The BGA has a IEC958 (S/PDIF) output on some pins, but I cannot get the pdf. With a small mod we could have S/PDIF, ie stereo PCM, but not Dolby AC3 (5.1), due to different encapsulating protocol.
Correct?
Anyway, the AC3 stream is in a different PID from mp2 audio, so digibox sw (and Bsky:cool: should permit this selection.
Correct?
Should we go buy the new Sony :( or the Pace Sky+ (must be a Sky+ sub to have AC3 option?) ?
rgrds, dimitri

>trying to locate a
>digital audio signal and making a mod
>The chip in question was manufactured by Philips, I have a
>Panasonic box, I still live with a miserable analogue signal
>:-(

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Dear Dmit,

I searched for hours on the Panasonic (Matsu) site to no avail.

It seems, after a number of calls to SKY, that any .pdf's of offending co-operative chips/s are well and truly secured at SKY HQ ?

Can an SPDIF signal be obtained, from your experience, from the chips to which you refer ?

Have Fun,

Mark :-)