Choices for spain

pauljbs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
unknown
My Location
notts
Hi everyone,
I've just joined and need some help in trying to decide what to purchace for my father who lives in Spain, at the moment he can receive all the SKY channels but with no card (subscription) he can only view the FTA channels.
Ive been looking at the ECHOLINK EL - 777 FTA DIGITAL SATELLITE RECEIVER, will this decode the Sky channels or if not what can u recommend?
Hope someone can point me in the right direction,
Thanks
Paul

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The only thing which will reliably decode the Sky channels is a Sky digibox and Sky card. It is possible to watch the channels using a Dreambox or other type of linux receiver and a connection to the internet for a card sharing server, but finding one is not easy and they are not always reliable.

pauljbs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
unknown
My Location
notts
It seems it might not be as simple as i first thought then! Ive just had a look at 'card sharing' and thats out of the question for him, I thought once the box was purchased it would find the channels and decode them without much problems,
Thanks
Paul

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
If that was the case umpteen million subscribers would be doing it and sky would be out of businessO-stO-no