Choosing a receiver

RredFish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satellite
I am indecisive about the purchase of the receiver. I believe that one of these 3 will be a good choice, but which is the best? Could you help me choose? Kaon 570, MVision E+ FCIS7000 or Dreambox DM500? Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Red

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I cannot comment on the Kaon or MV but I have a DM500s. The learning curve to set it up was quite steep (but that was more because I didn't set the dish up correctly) and being good with a PC helps. There is plenty of support for Dreamboxes (inc key$) especially this forum ;) - have a look at the DReambox forum.

The "best" depends on you- if you want a box that works out of the box then the DB might not be for you but if you are technically competent, enjoy a challenge and keen, give the DB a try.

Good Luck! :)

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Hi Rred

A good reply from mhku. I think you need to set out what it is you want to achieve from a receiver and then decide which one would fit the bill. I'm sure there will be others which you may have not considered but would be suitable. Let us know.:)