Ci cam flash help required

grover2000

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
I have managed to flash Irdeto cam ci from 4.6se to 4.7se using Ird106. The problem I have now is when I tried to flash back to 4.6se
the program comes up with red screen saying RESET NOK. The ci cam dosn't work now, any help on the matter would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

munkey

I luuurve Bananas
Reaction score
My Location
Whipsnade
I have a thoery that ird106 will not run on systems with fast processors. I noticed that people who got it to work seemed to use older laptops with older OSs. I reckon that slowing the laptop down (perhaps with somehing like at_slow) may help - but this is all acedemic if you can lay your hands on XALoad,exe.

XALoad does the same job as ird106 but is much less buggy.

Good luck,
Munkey

munkey

I luuurve Bananas
Reaction score
My Location
Whipsnade
I think you should have had my avatar!!! :D

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
Try

http://www.jetcat.cz/files/flashingci/xaload.zip

nobbly :+

grover2000

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Sorry I couldn't mail sooner, but the problem I face now is that the Irdeto cam module is not recognised by my laptop any more. Although upon removal of the cam module from the laptop, a beep is heard but not upon insertion.

When the cam module is in the Humax 5400 (patched) the decorder keeps coming up with "CI Initialising" after every 3seconds.

Once again

Thanks in advance:(

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
xaload1.1 is now on Phills sat files
www.satnip.net > FIRMWARE > CAMS > IRDETO CAMS

nobbly :+

munkey

I luuurve Bananas
Reaction score
My Location
Whipsnade
When you say "does not recognise" I asume you mean it doesn't apear to notice when you whack the cam in while the computer is on. Try this:

Cold reboot with the Cam in the laptop (turn the lap top off and on)

Check device manager. Can you see an Icon representing the cam - I think this would probably be in the "other devices" section. It would probably be a grey shaped diamond icon.

If you can you are in busines. This was added by the dummy drivers from IRD106. Xaload comes with different dummy drivers, so it would be safer to remove the old ones, and install these - then run xaload.

The fact that the laptop does not notice when you hot plug the cam need not be critical.

grover2000

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Unfortunatley my computer dosn't see the cam as being inserted in PCMCIA slot, even in System Properties. I have even tried to flash the cam on a friends laptop (no joy, same prob). I also tried Xload with no joy. The conclusion I think that it is fried. Is There any solution to thi guys.

Thanks in advance:'(

EZo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
What is receiver answer with inserted CAM ?
Not recognized or not initializing-
You have to open CAM, remove flash chip, program on external programmer, back,...

grover2000

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
The cam does not initialise in the Humax 5400. The remedy EZo talks about sounds about right, but has anyone any info on the full requirements for this job ie software/hardware etc and how to go about doing this process.

Once again

Thanks in advance:-(