cifs settings in enigma?

dr.gonzo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
north
ive been trying unsuccessfully to mount my db using cifs for over a week.
being new to dreambox and thick ive only just discovered the enigma web interface(didnt know it was there).i was planning on recording using remote!
anyways i think i may have successfully mounted but im still not sure as it wont record to the drive and i get the error reports on my db of filesystem corrupt or whatever!
can anyone tell me if this is ok please?
this is what i have;-
in the mount config of enigma i have a 3mile long list of mount points but theyve got a red cross appart from a couple which have a tick.
in my db expert setup when i try to mount it says error already mounted, ive never had the 'succesfull mount' report. is this normal if ive set it up through enigma or should it still report 'success'?
i seem to be going round in circles repeating the proccess of the guides but getting no further.
does this sound like im mounted successfully and there is another problem or am i still not mounted correctly?
p.s. are there any reports of people having nervous breakdowns with the stress of using a dreambox because i think im well on the way.
thanks rob

ebmaster

Reaction score
just out of interest how did you find the web interface ?? this is day2 in dreambox world for me :-)

dr.gonzo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
north
assuming you have your dreambox networked to youre pc, type the ip address of your dreambox into the address bar in windows and it will kick in!
it will ask for a user name and a password. the user name will be 'root' and the password will be 'dreambox'
the interface lets you control your db. through your p.c.!
you can record direct onto your hard drive with it providing you mount it correctly but its a nightmare if ya new like us. you can also take snapshots of the screen and save them as jpeg. you can send messages to your t.v. screen thru it.(handy if ya dreambox is in another room and ya fancy a brew fetching).
you can stream web t.v. to it and a whole load of other stuff i havnt figured yet.
ill look into the rest when i have success recording.