clanzers 5 and through-pic prog

boerboel

Reaction score
i'm having a problem to trough-pic program a gold wafer with 16f84 and 24lc16.i'm using a clanzers built5. i have tried many different loader.hex files.i have tried using eeprom files with beta6 & winphoenix software. my switch on the unit is fine. i'm using irdeto.
i have noticed that when i remove the eeprom from the card, i get exactly the same results. i feel that my pic does not get the data
from the pic. i have made 6 cards in all, 4 of them are d.i.l type and 2 are smd type.the pic and eeprom program fine in the dil sockets, but when i put them on the card, i get short atr,s mostly 80 80 80 ,etc.
i need help to solve my problem.
another question:i should get the atr that was in the eeprom file?

thank you

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
With the beta6 prog. and the switch in pic mode
1.click on pic
2.click on load and select the loader file that I have attached (unzip it first)
3.click on program

Thats the loader part complete

Next eprom

MOVE YOUR SWITCH TO THE EPROM MODE
1.Click the setup tab to go back to the start page
2.click "smart card RW"
3. load your eprom hex file
4. program your eprom file

Note*** If this works its sure that your pic is programmed ok.

Next go back to the pic programming page
1.click on load and select the pic hex file
3.click on program

thats all folks....
Try it and see..let me know what happened....
Why are you using winphoenix when you can program the eprom from the beta6 software?

nobbly :_

boerboel

Reaction score
thank you nobbly,
but no luck, i've tried it on all 6 pics and 3 clanzer programmers with beta6 software.when i use your attached loader hex file(unzipped),i do not get a reset atr.
i am drawing approx 300mA on the supply to the programmers,5v on the pic and 5v on the eeprom.also checked the supply to all other ic's.
helllppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i've read somewhere of using winphoenix instead of the smartcard read/write function of beta6.if the card resets,it loads to 100%,then when it reads the eeprom to verify ,it says "failed to read data 0000"
or something like that.
thank you

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
I would think that if it doesn't work with beta6 it won't work with winphoenix.
Your problem doesn't sound like a software fault.

Are you sure that the pic is programmed correctly?...
Program the pic loader in a none protected state then try to read it..What do you get?

Is could be possible that the serial cable is damaged?..have you tried another cable? (serial for phoenix (eprom mode) printer port for pic)

It could be also possible that there is a problem with your serial port on your computer. Have you tried another computer?

If you have tried 3 programmers and none work it sounds like the cable or the computer.

nobbly :+

boerboel

Reaction score
thanx nobbly,i will try it this weekend.

this is the my first attempts ever to program a wafer card, so could you please tell me the following:

when i have data on the eeprom and a program in the pic, and i insert the wafer card into smartmouse, should i then see the correct atr?
(when i open the eeprom.hex file with an eeprom editor i can see what the atr should be)

can i treat the wafer card as a normal smartcard with normal irdeto
software which shows the atr,ser no.,hex serial,prov id's,etc. with either a smartmouse, clanzers in srw ,or phoenix readers?
(my clanzers have a 3.57 mhz xtal and s'mouse a 6mhz)

with my most succes this far, i got an atr with all ff's in all fields,
and no luck to use any crd's on it.
can the usual crd's be used on wafer cards.

what do mean by an unprotected state? when i prog the pic and read it again, i get the same data as i loaded.(on the card as well as in the dil sockets)

regarding the serial port, is it possible that there can be a problem, because i can prog the eeprom in the dil socket easily and read it as well? this is puzzling me .but i will surely try other cables as well as other computers.

this is my great concern,because i know(?) i have the correct program on the pic and the correct data on the eeprom, but it won't work as a
unit.
another question, does the atr info sits in the pic or does it comes from the eeprom.
i attached the wafer layouts that i have made!

can't wait from hearing from you....thanx!!!

boerboel

Reaction score
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 29-Dec-01 AT 10:37 AM (GMT)]i want to attach a file to show the layout of the 2 pics i'm using, but i must log on (i am logged on)