Clarke Belt

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
Hi,

I have been looking for over a week but i cant find it and its really starting to annoy me now..

There is a picture of clarkes belt with the satellites dotted on it, ( shows you whereabouts each sat is)

Has anyone got this on their computer??

J

Jeff_19341

Hi
Rolfw posted some pictures earlier this year. Do a search under his name.
Cheers

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
This one's a bit outdated, but should show give a general picture -

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
Thanks Llew thats exactly what im looking for..

Reason i want is because before i fit motor im going to test signal furthest east the furthes west...,

Thanks again Llew :)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
What problem are you having?

J

Jeff_19341

Hi Rolf
I think that I have reached a limit as to the total number of attachments that I am allowed to post. Is this possible?
Cheers
PS What I have been trying to post are the two pictures of satellites in orbit (Easterly & Westerly) from the Boeing poster that you posted on the forum many moons ago.
JMC

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
OK, try it now. What you can always do as well is link to another image on the forum using the insert image icon, this doesn't then use your allowance. :)

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
We have an allowance ??

L.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
J

Jeff_19341

Thanks for your reply, trouble is that I saved them to my pictures for future reference. As the original poster stated "he has been searching for a week" I doubt that I would have any luck either. At least he has something to look at.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Have you tried again as I suggested above? I increased the allowance. :)

J

Jeff_19341

Nice picture here
Attached Files
pdf.gif
Satellite Orbital Map.pdf (62.8 KB, 97 views)
Originally posted by rolfw on 09/05/05 (got it at last!)

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
Thanks JumBuck will come in handy.. Not yet my garden is flooded :( waiting for it to drain off.. + the wind is bad :(

J

Jeff_19341

Hi Yeshi
If you increase the resolution to about 100% the pdf is easier to read.
Windy here yesterday, so much so that they closed the dock. Not too windy today, dock open again, sunny and cloudy. Wind has got a bite too it but still mild for November. The big firework displays start this evening and then again tomorrow. Take care, hope that your garden dries out.
Cheers

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
Hello,

Sorry for the late reply Jumbuck..

Bad news really..

Dish came down, did not take it down myself.. came down on its own :(

Anyway dish face was not damaged.. but the back support which is plastic snapped.

Its a Channel Master...

The pole bent and the back snapped.

So i rebuilt it, first i found the missing broken parts, then glued then together to get the back solid i reinforced it with a flexable plastic, had to do this because it is the part that holds the lnb arm.. anyway that set i left it.. now i needed a lnb arm as that snapped.. obtained a gold coloured pole .. measured it to be suitable for my size dish..

As i grinded the bolt notches off i had to create new holes as the old ones would of cracked.. the lnb arm was bolted with 2 bolts.. and the lnb holder hand a new bolt as that was damaged..

Anyway the day before this i concreted the new pole in the garden so it stuck the dish straight on it.. GREAT.

I had a signal.. But what is more worrying, i have a better signal now its modified.. and whats even more worrying.. the dish points directly at the tree and the fence.. its about 3ft away from it.. WEIRED.. anyway in the weekend im going to cut back all the obstructions .. this should made the signal spot on :D

BTW i have took pictures on digi cam but i cant find the cable to connect to pc.. will find tommoro and post up :)

J

Jeff_19341

Hi Yeshi
Sorry to learn of your troubles, but at least you seem to have them sorted.
Ref dish looking at hedge, do not forget the offset of the dish. Most offset dish faces in the UK are virtually vertical, the offset angles being 20 ish degrees so to the uninitiated it looks as if the dish is looking straight at an obstructionO-Ha .
I have a lovely hedge running at the the back of my garden and the neighbours either side of me. The hedge is higher than the top of my dish and only 10ft away at the closest and I can see from 53*east to 58*west with no problems at all. The hedge protects us/our property & my dish from the idiot "boy golfers" in the playing field behind our bungalows.
Congrats on your DIY mending and modifications, too many people nowadays just throw away and buy new. It only takes a little common sense and time to mend things and they turn out as good or even (as in your case) better than new.
Cheers.