Classic Sitcoms

N

net1

Five is to screen an evening of classic British sitcoms and the 1981 Morecambe and Wise Christmas Show on Boxing Day.

The evening kicks off with a 1970 edition of On The Buses, starring Reg Varney and the late Bob Grant, followed by a seasonal edition of Robin's Nest featuring Richard O'Sullivan and Tessa Wyatt.

Rising Damp, In Sickness and in Health and Only When I Laugh are also included in the evening.

Also to be broadcast is Carry On Christmas, a 1973 comedy remake of Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol, starring the regular Carry On team.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds like a good day's viewing Net1, with perhaps the exception of "Only When I Laugh", seem to remember that I didn't think it was funny the first time round. :)

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
I,m... H. A. P. P. Y. yes I'm H. A. P. P. Y. I know I am I'm Sure I am..I'm H. A. P. P. Y.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hmm, strange that, I used to love "The Likely Lads", but every comedy that James Bolam did after that (in my opinion) seemed over acted, I liked his straight acting though, "When the Boat Comes In" was a classic.

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Can't do the theme song to "When the Boat Comes In" Hard to type in an ......Style.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Thou shalt have a fishy, on a little dishy.
Thou shalt have a fishy, .....when the booot comes in ?

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
The sitcom i luv the most is East Enders.......i take the piss out of it every week!.....my youngest son (19) and me coat it all the time.....but for some reason the wife does'nt seem to find it amusing....i wonder why?