Clone Sky+ Digibox

Status
Not open for further replies.

anatta

Reaction score
I currently have 2 Pace v2 Sky+ boxes, one is installed in the UK and the other in Geneva. I am only in one place at a time, and do not wish to pay for two subscriptions.

I understand why a pirate card would be close to impossible to produce, however, a complete backup and copy of a viewing card should theoretically be easier. If anyone has managed this, I would be interested in hearing how it was done.

Should the above statement be true. In order for the card to work, both digibox's serial numbers should be identical. I have read that you can use a JTAG procedure to change the serial on older digiboxes, and was wondering if anyone had managed to do anything similar with the Pace v2 box.

If this apporach is not possible, does anyone else have any suggestions (other than packing my digibox each time I travel, and giving you my spare one :rolleyes: )

Would appreciate helpful replies only (ie. if it can't be done - tell me factually why not rather than start more rumours that it is simply impossible :-bash)

Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It falls at the first hurdle, you cannot clone a Sky card, to clone it you need to be able to read all of the levels, this is not possible at this stage.

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Changing the serial number of the box would indeed mean you only need to carry the official card back and forward, however that is not possible on the Sky+ boxes, in fact I have only ever read and seen evidence of that being attempted properly on a pace 2200 and even then the results seemed inconclusive.

Taking your card and phoning Sky each time you travel is perhaps your best option, if they ask why you are changing boxes just say it keeps playing up and is away getting looked at, if they offer you a call out to fix it (they have been known to offer free ones) saying your mate/brother/son/dad etc has a repair shop and so you are not interested should stop them pushing you.

anatta

Reaction score
rolfw said:
You cannot clone a Sky card, to clone it you need to be able to read all of the levels, this is not possible at this stage.
I expect that this is another myth. Has anyone actually tried to read a card to clone it - if so what levels can you not read, and how do you know that you can't read them. I suspect it is more a case that you can't decypher what is on the card, but there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to read it - after all the digibox can!

anatta

Reaction score
PoloMint said:
Taking your card and phoning Sky each time you travel is perhaps your best option, if they ask why you are changing boxes just say it keeps playing up and is away getting looked at.
This may work for now, but I suspect that Sky may get a tiny bit suspicious if I am calling them every two weeks like clockwork.

oxygenthief

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ HD, Sky Plus Pace & Thompson, Nokia Media Master, Work as Sky installer
My Location
Stoke
Right you can now clone a sky card and yes it will work in any box but understand this, 1.its illigal and you can be jailed under the theft act. 2.it will work like for likefor instance if you cloned my hd card it will work in a sky plus hd box and pick up all the channels that dont need pairing, only movies & sport channels need paired card and box, if you clone a normal digibox card it will only work on a normal digibox,in a hd or plus box you would not get the record features or hd channels, the best card too clone is a Sky Plus HD box it will work in every digital box from the normal ones to hd and plus boxes, you will get all channels but movies and sports, i have a mate who can copy any sky card, but if you made 5 copies of 1 genuine working skycard all 6 boxes would work but only the original box the card is paired with willl get movies and sport, also dont connect the phone line on the boxes with the copied cards in them or sky will cancel the original and all 6 cards will be turned off, also if the bill was not paid on the original card all the clones will be turned off too say you coppied 356 998 568 you would have 5 cards all same number so as long as 356 998 568 is a real subscribed card and is kept on it will work in ANY box, so now you know from a guy who has been in the bussiness for 20 years.

oxygenthief

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Stoke
oh and you need to buy some of these _http://www.goldwafers.com/cart/product.php?productid=18&cat=2&page=1

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Your posting a reply to a 5 year old thread.

oxygenthief

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Stoke
sorry new too all this thought it may be of interest

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
There is no evidence whatsoever that cloning a SKy card is possible.

oxygenthief said:
2.it will work like for likefor instance if you cloned my hd card it will work in a sky plus hd box and pick up all the channels that dont need pairing, only movies & sport channels need paired card and box, if you clone a normal digibox card it will only work on a normal digibox,in a hd or plus box you would not get the record features or hd channels, the best card too clone is a Sky Plus HD box it will work in every digital box from the normal ones to hd and plus boxes, you will get all channels but movies and sports, .

Any card will work in any Sky box for the none premium channels anyway. Its exactly what Ive been doing for 2 years since my Grundig box broke - I just bought a cheap Sky+ box and plugged the card into it. I have no need for the recording facilities (Ive got a VHS recorder for the rare occasions I want to tape!) and have the 6 mix level sub and it works just lovely. Never bothered getting the card paired to the box.

:D

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Analoguesat said:
There is no evidence whatsoever that cloning a SKy card is possible.

I was just thinking that I would like to see proof that this works, it's all good saying it works, but without proof (such as a demonstration of cloning the cards and putting them in digiboxes to prove they work), it's all bunkum to me!!! :cool:

Plus, with the cardswap, I think that if this is true, it won't be for much longer... ;)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
oxygenthief said:
oh and you need to buy some of these _http://www.goldwafers.com/cart/product.php?productid=18&cat=2&page=1

You are getting confused my friend. Fun cards work for Sky as delivered by c&ble TV NOT as delivered via satellite. Thus your pal has been selling cloned cards for c&ble boxes. And therefore any further discussion is forbidden under the rules of our forum.

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.