Coax distribution sat signals and freeview

Dasilva81

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised setup (dark motor) 42e - 30w
My Location
London
hi good morning,

I am new to the forum, I am posting this thread as I am stuck at the moment on my current project at home.
My property at the moment is going through a full refurb so I have decided to run coax and Ethernet to each room. I have decided to use my closet understairs were my rack will be with patch panel,switch, router as my central wiring point.
On the Ethernet side of things I have sufficient knowledge to install myself, on the coax side I need a bit of help which brings me here. Hopefully someone can help me.
The idea will be to have two fixed sat dishes, one pointing to hipasat 30w the other 28.2e Astra and the freeview signal, is it possible to run these three signals to each location I want. The locations will be three bedrooms, one kitchen, one living room and a garden outbuilding.
If it can be done please can someone recommend hardware and what is the easiest way to achieve this setup.

If any one can help I would much appreciate

I

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Install a 9x12 multiswitch, this will carry the signal from Astra 28.2, Hispasat and Freeview to each single point, best to use Quattro LNBs on the dishes and run two coax cables to each location, then you can install PVRs if you wish.

For any room that you require both a Sky/Freesat PVR and a receiver for Hispasat, then run as many cables as there are tuners.

Dasilva81

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
Thanks for the reply

How would I get the three signals off one cable at the faceplates?

Dasilva81

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
Install a 9x12 multiswitch, this will carry the signal from Astra 28.2, Hispasat and Freeview to each single point, best to use Quattro LNBs on the dishes and run two coax cables to each location, then you can install PVRs if you wish.

For any room that you require both a Sky/Freesat PVR and a receiver for Hispasat, then run as many cables as there are tuners.

So having a Quattro lnb on each dish would mean connecting 8 cables altogether from both dishes , would all those go to the multiswitch or would I need something bigger?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
One multiswitch, 9 inputs, four from each LNB, then the terrestrial signal.

You could use a sky+ module and two single satellte modules in one quad module dataplate for the main room if you need two separate receivers, other rooms can have one or two feeds if you're using DiSEqC capable receivers for switching.

Attachments

• sky+.jpg
    sky+.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited: