Coco

baka

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
I have read several times about COCO in relation with FunCard and 2.019 Freecam. What is COCO?

Extract from 2.019 instructions: For good Seca make sure to have coco 0100 (seca) second at the address: :10023-, etc........

Can somebody please explain? I have problems with decoding Canal + and this might be a solution

Baka

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
coco = country-code. It was originally a three-byte ascii value used in the Irdeto cards to differentiate between the cards issued for different countries (German PW cards, Dutch Multichoice cards, etc.)

But the term is misused in the Funcards & FreeCAMs. What is there described as a coco is in fact a CAID. The 2-byte hexadecimal CAID determines the encryption systems available, not the country.

Which Canal+ are you talking about? Do you mean the Dutch package? I have no problem receiving that on either Funcard in a FreeCAM or cardless FreeCAM in irdeto emulation mode.
What is the problem exactly?

2old

baka

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
2old,

Here is my problem:

I have flashed my Irdeto I with MascettiCam 2-018. The CAM is now used with AT90S8515 und EEPROM 24LC64 Funcard. Usually I program my Funcard using Dave's files from the Phills site. I have 2 issues with the current system:

1. The Irdeto keys (Premiere world) do not update automatically.

Before flashing to MascettiCam 2-018 the Irdeto was programmed with 4.70 SE, internal EMU was switched “ON”, the keys were internally loaded. Irdeto “Premiere World” keys would update automatically.

2. Canal + (French, SECA) does not work since app. past 3 months. In the very beginning, when I flashed to MescettiCam 2-018, I had no problems with the Canal + in combination with AT90S8515/EEPROM 24LC64 funcard and Dave's 6 in 1 files.

Baka

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not being able to provide too much info Baka, but Canal+ French service moved to Seca 2, so you won't get that anyway.

If you use the CAM as an Irdeto emulator, then it will not decrypt any other flavour, so it is a bit of a compromise. you only get the full value of the 2.018 software if you have a steerable dish and can pick up sats like 30W with nagravision.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Couple of other points:
- the 4.70SE firmware for the old-series Irdeto CI CAMs was NOT a FreeCAM. In other words, it had no emulator function.
- The Emulator function of the FreeCAM firmwares was never auto-updating (just as well since the internal flash-chip can only be programmed about 1000 times reliably). PW worked for a long time on FreeCAMs simply because the provider did not change their Irdeto plainkeys for a long time. Same with the Dutch package (which is in fact still using the same 02 Irdeto key that was in use four years ago).

So I think you may be getting some things mixed up.

Finally, note that PW has become much more aggressive in their management of Irdeto keys. They are now regularly changing not just plainkeys but plain-masterkeys too, and are killing published masterkeys. In all likelyhood this is the reason your card does not seem to be autoupdating. You will need to keep reprogramming it with new PMKs (or clone a card usiing an active MK).

2old