codes or hex files for freecam

B

billy

I have flashed my Allcam to freecam 2.015 from 4.7 but can't get it to see any cards that I load.

I am using a fx programmer and gold wafer cards, I've used alfredo's file and the others I must being doing something wrong. I have also been on the codex site and used the 2.017 file but still no good.

billy
ps

how do you flash the cam back to 4.7se just in case?

malcol27

Reaction score
You left out a few details... what receiver are you using and how did you update to fReecam.. via notebook? To flash the cam back to 4.7 you have to have the appropriate SBR or BIN file and then follow the same procedure you used to flash to Freecam, but make changes in your .ini file pointing to your 4.7se .bin file.

B

billy

hi,
The receiver I am using is a Nokia 9800s, I updated the Allcam to Freecam using a laptop computer running second edition windows 98.

I checked in the menu of the nokia and it stated that the cam in the ci slot was a freecam2.

The problem is that I can't seem to find the correct hex's for the cam to recieve any programmes.

Does the DS9 hex's require a larger Gold Wafer Card other than the standard gold wafer cards.

What are the best hex's to use for the freecam, how do I check if the cam actually upgraded ok.

thanks

billy

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
You need FreeCAM2 v0.16 or 0.17 if you ever expect to get Mediaguard/Viacess from it through a wafer (as oppposed to via a Season-interface and emulator on the PC).
At codexata they have files labelled specifically as 0.16 or 0.17 compatible.
Reflash to 0.17 and try again.
If it doesn't work it may be a specific receiver incompatibility.

Are you using dr.Overflow/dvb2000 firmware in the receiver? You should.

2old

B

billy

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 29-08-01 AT 12:35 PM (GMT)]Thanks 2old,

i have a nokia 9800s,1.3 firmware does this receiver have dvb2000, I have flashed the cam to 2.017, I have down loaded the files,

Do I need a seperate goldwafer card for Irdeto and Seca, via I can receive from the nokia embedded cam.

What are the settings within the cam, are they diferent when watching with each goldwafer card i.e when watching seca does the cam setting change when watching irdeto, and do i have to make that change in the menu

billy

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Hi, I explained the settings (EMU, ECM, etc) in a recent post. Please have a look at that, I think it answers your questions (use the search function if you can't find the post).

2old

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
Hi 2old4this,
Correct me if I'm wrong but the mm 9800s cannot be loaded with DVB2000. Only the Nokia 9200/9500/96XX can be modified.

The latest software for the 9800s is the Multiaccess 1.1.3 (MA1.1)which can be downloaded by satellite or the net..

Nobbly:+

malcol27

Reaction score
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 30-08-01 AT 09:01 PM (GMT)]I have seen some of the more recent versions of funcard 3 in 1 including files and settings in the file for dbox1, maybe they will work better for dbox2 as well? I would try and find one of these archives. Try the ones at codexata. With Isvedit, you can choose the receiver type and save the modified hex for programming into your funcard.

B

billy

Please explain is my receiver dbox 1 or 2, not that it means anything to me, just that when I do find any software I know what my receiver is.

I am still looking for files to try and get the freecam working I have several for some serious testing this weekend.

billy

malcol27

Reaction score
Im about 85% certain that Dbox1 is the nokia 9200, 9500 and 9600 series and that dbox2 is the 9800 series. the Dbox1 series work with dvb2000/Overflow as well as the standard software from Nokia.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
indeed, seems dr.overflow firmware not suitable for the 9800. Only for 9200/9500/96xx. Ah well.

See http://www.dominance.net/overflow/

Here's another good site with loads of info&utils:
http://www.uni-sat.net/

2old

B

billy

I have been at it all weekend trying to get the Freecam working in a nokia 9800s box with no luck. I have used all the files that are readily available on the codexa site and satdudz these include codexa 2.017 seca in irdeto, 2 in one cards 3.1 goldwafer etc... In all cases the Irdeto part works with or with out a card, but seca will not work, via is recieved through the emmbeded cam. Looking through other forums there was a mention of changing the coco file, but to me I thought coco was a bed time drink.

Very fustrating, I can't see why these files will not work any help would be very much appricated.

billy

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Billy,
the workings of the FreeCAM have been explained on this board many times in the past. See for example, this very recent thread: http://www.satellites.co.uk/scripts/webforum/DCForumID14/145.html

If you are seeing Irdeto channels with or without the card then clearly you are operating the CAM in its "EMU ON" (emulator on) mode. But the emulator is only an irdeto/Betacrypt emulator, not a Mediaguard or Viaccess emulator. You need to turn the emulator OFF so that the CAM directs control to the inserted card...

When you have altered any of those "goodies" parameters, remember to reinitialise the CAM (by turning the receiver off/on).

2old

B

billy

Thanks
2old sorry to be a pain, I now have a better understanding of what to set and I'll give it a try later.

Many Thanks

billy

B

billy

I set the goodies section as advised, reprogrammed my goldwafer with the lastest codexa file for 2.017 freecam, rebooted the nokia 9800s, and nothing happens. Tried the other files that are reported to work but again nothing.

My next plan is to purchase another wafercard for the ds9 type of project and see if that works.

Any other ideas or help would be very much appreicated one thought, how long should I wait for the card to work?

billy

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
please explain "nothing happens".
Do you see no channels at all now, even Irdeto?
Can you verify that the Goodies EMU option is being properly processed by switching back to the CAM emulator (EMU ON) and then seeing the Irdeto/Betacrypt channels come through?

What date is the codexata file you are using? Bear in mind that all Mediaguard keys change at the end of each month. We have just changed to September keys. You may need to edit-in those new keys.

The channels (if keys are correct) should come though in a few seconds max.

2old

B

billy

Goodies setting off, Irdeto, and off reset by switching nokia box off at the mains then on again. Coding goldwafer card with codexa 30/08/01 file with seca hexes. Read me file states august and september codes.

When I insert the card no channels from seca, when I insert an Irdeto goldwafer card with Irdeto hexes I can see those channels. When I change EMU to on and then no card I can see Irdeto. Its really strange?

When I insert my Ashton 1.05 cam and insert a secca gold wafer card not codexa, it works first time.

Its very fustrating but with your help I am determined to crack it

Thanks

billy

B

billy

With EMU off I am still able to see Irdeto channels without a card. I switched the nokia on and off several times but still able to view without a card.

Tried several goldwafers and still unable to view secca with freecam 2.017

Any suggestions,

Also do I require a loader file for pic 16f876?

billy

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Which Irdeto channels (and on which sat & transponder) are you able to see without a card even when EMU is off?

Perhaps the 9800 retains the codes in memory that is only wiped when you actually unplug the box from the mains (but seems strange!)

Why are you asking about the 876? Are you using a piccard2? I thought you were using a goldwafer...

I attach a loader for the 876 pic.

2old

B

billy

The channels I can receive are orf, and the premier packages, I am trying picard II for the DS9 files to see if these work. Thanks for the loader i'll give it a try.

billy