COM port connection on 600

bigboygazza

Reaction score
Hello all

finaly decided to get a dreambox set up the lan no problem
trying to load up gemini dm600pvr useing dreamup software

everytime i get to the switch on dreambox message i switch on and nothing happens and yes i have left it for 20 minites ive checked the null modem cable and that works fine on my SL65

ive checked load of differnt forums and as useal i seem to have a problem no one else has lol:)

ive read that it is not possible to upload the first image useing the lan connection while useing the 600pvr

if i could get past this stage the rest look a doddle LOL:-rofl2:-rofl2:-rofl2

hope someone has a answer i dont want to use my dreambox as a book end lol

Bigboygazza

jmra

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500-s
My Location
PT
Hi,
I can't really help since I own a 500s but with the 500 not all dreamup version work. In fact, with mine, only an old version of dreamup works.
It's a question of trying another dreamup version and see if it works.
Also, since you're using the null modem cable, be sure to uncheck the use network option.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
everytime i get to the switch on dreambox message i switch on

At this point I reconnect the power lead to the Dreambox. Is this what you're doing?

bigboygazza

Reaction score
jmra: not sure if the olderversion of the dream up work with the dm600 as it is the newer version of DM and i have the network option box unticked thank you very much for the sugestion

mhku: yes excatly what i am doin but still nouthing happens

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Are you 100% sure it's a null modem cable and not an RS232 cable?

bigboygazza

Reaction score
its the same cable i use for the sl65 visionet 8000 and my manhatton
so pretty sure its the right cable

jmra

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500-s
My Location
PT
Not know how the 600 works but with the 500 you have to launch dreamup with the DM unplugged from the power supply. Not sure if that was what mhku was referring...

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
For dm600pvr one needs to use Universal Dreamup V1.3.0.2 (Debug).

(1) Connect lan. Ping dreambox. If OK - next ->

(2) Connect serial.

(3) Start Dreamup. Tick Network. Select 'Connect'. Switch on dreambox when asked.

(4) After some data transfer, it should say 'Network ready' or something like it. If it says 'Serial ready' , stop Dreamup and start at (1) again.

(5) Select 'Flash' and select the image. Transfer should start. Takes about 4 minutes to flash.

This is what should happen ideally. If there is no ping, your lan is not working. If there is no data transfer at (4) the serial is not working.

Cheers, pcd. :)

bigboygazza

Reaction score
hello PCD and thank you

ive tried the debug dreamup still the same problem witch sounds like my serial lead doesnt connect to the dreambox yet it connects to my outher recivers

all i can think of is the settings in the dreambox but what settings i have no clue what so ever lol unless the dm a bit screwed lol

thank you for your time and help

Bigboygazza

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
Look in Expert Settings, scroll to next page. There is a serial option. Also try different comport settings.

Are you sure it is a null modem, not straight 9 pin ?

It is also possible to flash with network (lan) only using web interface although I have not tried that.

bigboygazza

Reaction score
sorted it at last
put my old computer on and used the debug dream up worked first time:) have two cams on now just trying to load keys.just read John graydons tutorial so in another few hours or days;) i should have it working many thanks to all the people who helped and wrote the tutorials:-worship
bigboygazza

p.s just a update it onely took 2 minites LOL just got prem working :):):)

bigboygazza

Reaction score
hi all

i was getting quite far with the dreambox i had two cams installed most of the packages open then i went to update keys with satankeys updater i ftp them over to my box restarted it and now it does not boot up it gets stuck on the GP loading screen cant acces it through the remote or the ftp programs

do i have to upload the image agian or is there a easyer way lol

Bigboygazza

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
If you know what ip dhcp gives to your db before you change it, you may be able to ftp using that ip. If so delete what you uploaded before the problem started and reboot.

Cheers, pcd.

bigboygazza

Reaction score
hi all

pcd couldnt rember the ip that the dhcp give to my dreambox so the onely way was to flash the image with the serial cable by the time i got round to do it there was a new gemani 4.0.0 so i flashed it with that useing my old pc took 25 mts all went well

the first problem occerd when i tryed to use the satan key bundle updater trying to put on one set of keys must of done something worng to screw my box up lol gonna leave that one alone for now :)

loaded up the satan key bundle to night with no problems didnt mess up the box

got one strange problem tho i can move my dish to 30w 13E 16E 19E but i can not get it to move to 1W with out doing it manualy wont rember where 1W is lol im sure i work it out in the end but haveing gr8 fun doin it its one special little box :-rofl2:-rofl2

thanx for everyones help hope i wont be back here in a few days lol

Bigboygazza :)